check out these cool watches its all about the pimp watch! :D

http://www.pimp-watches.com/en/

and some other cool jap watches:

http://www.tokyoflash.com/watches.php?pg=1

Postby ono » February 5th, 2005, 10:32 am

ono
step four
step four

Hey, thanks Stucon for mentioninf this thread.
Here is a very interesting watch it´s a Ventura V-tec Alpha, the coolest thing is the use of such a "mechanical" interface to operate a digital watch. It is also very smooth and nice to operate.

Image[/i]

Postby Arclight » February 5th, 2005, 11:54 am

Arclight
step four
step four

yo wrote:hard to go wrong with a classic Rado:

There are some real cool vintage Rado's on ebay.

See, yo knows what I'm talking about. Rado is the way to go. A Sintra Chrono with the sapphire hour markers....
CUSID class of 2008

Postby Guest » February 5th, 2005, 5:17 pm

still blown away by Max Bill. The line and proportion are such pure reflections of the Bauhuas asethitic that influenced all of his design.
http://www2.starcat.ne.jp/~mmrym4/shop/maxbill/

Postby sbeaulieu » February 6th, 2005, 1:11 am

sbeaulieu

i looked for over 3 months and could not find a watch that i liked or could afford.......i actually liked the stark fossil watch but they are a pain in the ass to get on and off.....and i really only wanted to get analog, as i like seeing hands....but couldn't find one

so i caved in and went with this digital nixon..except i should have gone with the brown strap, cause this is a bit fancy for me right now.

i also want to say that whomever did this read out is a genius......AMAZINGLY clever :)

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2005, 4:13 am

omg... where did you find that watch??? not the nixon one the 8 til 10 one! that is sweet!

Postby ono » February 6th, 2005, 6:35 am

ono
step four
step four

That is the Frank Ghery watch for fossil, About the stark one, yea it´s cool but I heard the mecha quality is pretty crappy (anyone has it? any comments on it?)
Talking about digital, this is a nice, though chunky one (it feels and communicates quality)
Tag Heuer Microtimer

Postby 1234 » February 6th, 2005, 8:53 am

watch
Function: noun
1 a : the act of keeping awake to guard, protect, or attend b obsolete : the state of being wakeful c : a wake over a dead body d : a state of alert and continuous attention e : close observation : SURVEILLANCE f : a notice or bulletin that alerts the public to the possibility of severe weather conditions occurring in the near future <winter storm watch>
2 a : any of the definite divisions of the night made by ancient peoples b : one of the indeterminate intervals marking the passage of night -- usually used in plural <the silent watches of the night>
3 a : LOOKOUT, WATCHMAN b archaic : the office or function of a sentinel or guard
4 a : a body of soldiers or sentinels making up a guard b : a watchman or body of watchmen formerly assigned to patrol the streets of a town at night, announce the hours, and act as police
5 a (1) : a portion of time during which a part of a ship's company is on duty (2) : the part of a ship's company required to be on duty during a particular watch (3) : a sailor's assigned duty period b : a period of duty : SHIFT c : a term as holder especially of an overseeing or managerial office <the business grew on her watch>
6 : a portable timepiece designed to be worn (as on the wrist) or carried in the pocket -- compare CLOCK
[/img]

Postby yo » February 6th, 2005, 11:47 am

yo
Administration
Administration

ono wrote:, About the stark one, yea it´s cool but I heard the mecha quality is pretty crappy (anyone has it? any comments on it?)

The stark one feels like garbage and the finishes scatch very easily. It is also a few mm too thick for its width in my opinion.

That Tag is hot, must cost a bloody fortune.

Some good links...

Postby dnp607 » February 6th, 2005, 8:48 pm

dnp607
step two
step two

If you're into (or getting pulled into) watches, some good links:

http://www.timezone.com
http://www.equationoftime.com/
http://www.watchnet.com/

Enjoy!

...also, another favorite design (Anonimo Militare):

Postby ono » February 7th, 2005, 5:07 am

ono
step four
step four

The Tag? far too expensive for a digital, but it chronoes up to a hundredth of a second (to time the cooking time of pasta al dente)

Postby ufo » February 7th, 2005, 6:35 am

ufo
full self-realization
full self-realization

smartcast fish finder wrist watch

As the most significant recreational fishing innovation in recent times, sonar fishfinder units are well established as a fundamental piece of equipment for boat-based anglers and, like almost everything electronic, decreasing size and increasing capabilities are expanding these applications by bringing the benefits of sonar technology to land-based fishing. One of the latest examples - the Humminbird Smartcast RF30 - utilises a wireless link between a small sonar transducer attached to the fishing line and a wrist-worn display unit to provide a picture of what's underneath - identifying fish within a 25 metre radius a well as a map of the bottom and any submerged structures that could cause snags.

The 22mm x 23mm display incorporates data on Fish ID and depth range plus afish alarm and can be used in conjunction with any rod and reel. The unitoperates to a depth of 30 metres and has a 90 degree sonar beam coverage, with real-time data transfer making it possible to "scope" a location byderiving an underwater map with a few quick casts.

Easy access to this type of data means that applications for the SmartcastRF30 go well beyond fishing. The unit can be used to check mooring depths, creek & river crossings while four-wheel driving, or to inspect dams forsilting and depth.

The floating Remote Sonar Sensor is fully waterproof and can be expected tolast 400 hours of in-the-water usage according to Humminbird.

Power is froma single cell replaceable battery that lasts 25 hours and a "wet switch"that automatically shuts down the Sensor when out of the water isincorporated to minimise power consumption.

A 'B' Remote Sonar Sensor that uses a different channel can also bepurchased so that two people can fish with individual SmartCast's in thesame area without signal interference.
2FAST4 BMW

Chris Bangle, Director of BMW Group Design, BMW AG:
"A great airplane designer once said 'pretty planes fly faster.' And then came the Stealth, proving the paradigm wrong."

coolest watch

Postby alistar_dean » February 7th, 2005, 11:24 am

alistar_dean

guys and gals,

Surely the Fossill starck has to be the coolest watch? The steel version is the finest example of timepeice-o-logy I've ever had...

[/img]

Postby Guest » February 7th, 2005, 3:08 pm

Surely you have to define timepeice-o-logy...
how many watches have you ever had?

Postby yo » February 7th, 2005, 9:59 pm

yo
Administration
Administration

hate to say it, but I still love this, it is a classic piece of Nike iconclast:

before this sport watches looked like a black block with an LCD screen. At the time [no pun intended] I was designing watches for Timex at a consutancy, and we where blown away.

I have a decent watch colection (about 30-40 prob - too many to know how many I have) and I still love the origional Triax.

Previous | Go to the Next Page

Return to general design discussion