Music Vids with awesome ID

(This might be a bit along the lines of the Inspirational Design Shorts thread and moderators, please do to weave this thread in there if preferred.)

I stumbled recently over one of in my opinion most mesmerizing and impressive music videos of all time, Björk’s “All is full of Love” by the disturbingly bizarre but great Chris Cunningham.
It’s 14 years old, believe it or not, but so timeless and excellently designed out of an ID perspective that I am still totally blown away when I see it.

Please share your favorites here!

This is more art direction and architecture than ID, but for general design I always thought it was awesome.

The metals along with splashes of color, painting with light, and the Art Deco inspired details really captivated me. Along with this video, there were several others that I always liked while growing up, and not until the dawn of Wikipedia did I discover they were all directed by David Fincher (Fight Club, Se7en, etc). He can pretty much do no wrong as far as I’m concerned.

It’s basically a vodka commercial but I enjoyed this one Swedish House Mafia - Greyhound - YouTube

The retro futurism in this one was fun Justice - New Lands (Official Video) - YouTube

While it is a little more architecture inspired, than industrial design, I have always enjoyed the imagery in The Faint’s “Agenda Suicide” video. Developed by Kansas City’s MK12, this video has some great graphic qualities, with exploded views and cut-aways.

Ah yes, the Faint video reminded me (pun intended) of Remind me by Röksopp. Such a cool, clean video.

Otherwise, the obvious: Derezzed by Daft Punk from Tron Legacy.

Crank this song on a Thursday morning when you feel like your dream job is more like a ‘job’ than the perfectly wonderful profession its supposed to be. (Admit it, it happens.)

The Bjork video is the one that came to my mind first as well…

Somewhat along that line is Hayling by FC Kahuna, basically saying we need to accept and be happy with being the sex organs for technology :slight_smile:

I liked last year’s Design by Glasser:

And this is a really nice one, done by Lucy McRae and Rachel Wingfield who also work at the intersection of design and science besides directing video clips:

Then since Madonna has been mentioned I can mention Lady Gaga :slight_smile:, I think some of her clips are nice, especially for wearables:

And here are a few old ones that I have always loved:
Jamiroquai - Virtual Insanity (Official Video) - YouTube (simplicity!)
The Supermen Lovers (feat. Mani Hoffman) · Starlight (Official Video) - YouTube (silly but fun…)

Oh and this one, synesthesia!

Because Lady Gaga has been brought up. I present this sort of Pokerface parody…

Neurtra Face: An Ode On A Typeface

Enjoy