What came in the post today?

Nice! You can do that in Ontario? Get old plates for a new registration?

YOM (year of manufacture) plate program. The plate year has to match the year of the car. Plates need to been approved by the ministry of transport (to ensure the number was not reused on a trailer or something, and the plates are in good original condition). Then you pay to register them like you’d do for a custom plate.

Costs more than normal plates initially but looks much better :slight_smile: Renewal sticker normal price after initial registration.

Took a while to find the right plates. I wanted a short, all numbered pair. I had my eye on “438 438”, but was too late.

R

Super cool. I love the older plate styles when it was just a solid background with characters. I hate how the modern plates are so graphic laden. Don’t celebrate the thing that you force me to put on my car.

This new beasty…annnnnd commence upgrades.

Designed by ideo. Made by Brooks. Comfortably under my butt this morning.

Cambium C17! So hot.

That thing is beauty iab, I hope is as comfortable as good looking!

C15. A bit more narrow than the C17.

It is replacing a Selle San Marco Zoncolan Urban. After a whopping 30 minutes in the new saddle, it fits at least as well as the Zoncolan. The ride home is 90 minutes, that will be more telling.

While this did not come in the mail, I stopped by the LBS the other day and got a Knog blinky. I like the stuff coming out of Knog.

How was it? 90 minutes, that’s a long ride home… Do you do that everyday?

That Brooks Saddle is a work of Art. Looks like a mixture of automotive and aircraft themes, but
all well resolved and apointed to being a bike saddle.

Used to have a brooks one as a boy that was just too wide. Sadly couldn’t break
it in. Wonder where that one went, but will have a seat on a c15

mo-i

I ride 30 minutes directly to work. Keeps the perspiration to a minimum.

On the way home I’ll do 60-90 minutes because I can easily take a shower.

I do it most everyday although with the time change my bike commuting season ends. I am uncomfortable riding in the dark at rush hour.

As for the saddle, it fits nice, gets the sit bones just right. It is a bit softer than the Zoncolan. I’ll need to get used to that because all of my saddles are like rocks. But with the softer saddle I didn’t notice any numbness nor discomfort.

Nordic skiing season is almost here! Broke them in all day at work, making noise in the hallways… (Working in a sports company has its benefits)

Will get their first movement on rollerskis though. Can’t wait!

Nothing too exciting but I thought it was time I upgraded my bottle opener keyring that I’ve had since college to something more mature.

So I got a light brown leather ‘foldover fob’ from Thrux Lawrence. Pretty pleased with it even if a little pricey at $20. It stops my keys jabbing in my pocket and a nice added addition that I didn’t realise is that it comes with four different ‘screws’ in various lengths depending on how many keys you have.

I have been eyeballing these chairs for over a year but when I was in Germany I got a chance to actually see and sit in one. So I ordered some. I went with the charcoal wool cover.

Not today but this weekend. After readings dozens of “standard” children books and a few horrible ones that I don’t know how they got published we recently bought these 2 online. Great story, writing and illustrations. Awesome books that teach the beauty of creativity to children. My favorite one is Rosie Revere Engineer.

[ Deleted ]

[ Deleted ]

What size?

Maybe you can make me some bespoke shoes.

:wink:

[ Deleted ]