Unexpected places your designs have shown up

Watched a 2017 movie tonight on Amazon called “Magellan”. It’s set in the near future - the astronaut lands on the moon Titan and opens up his briefcase-looking tool kit and there’s my B&D PD600 screwdriver from 2006, all done up in flat white. That was a trick little tool that we designed to do a bit of everything and on it I designed elastomeric convex side grips that were an evolution on Oxo’s GoodGrips…to help a user keep the tool from torquing in their hand as they used it. It looked better in all white!!

Was at an art gallery opening last night and this was supplying the music.

I’ve seen the hand dryer that I designed in a number of new Tim Horton’s renovations. Maybe Richard or Jon could confirm if this is nationwide or not.

It’s pretty good for a nearly 10 year old design. The graphics don’t look too dated either.

nice, some good surfacing! … plus it is named El-Niño Turbo? Awesome.

Living, working, playing out of an Airbnb in Portland this week and the first thing I noticed when I walked in was two products I worked on :slight_smile:

I haven’t been in a TH bathroom lately…I’ll keep an eye open if I happen to be bound and gagged before being dragged into one :wink:

Was scrolling through Instagram the other day and saw another designer post a couple of shoes asking which pair to wear… I designed that bottom one in 2003. Hadn’t thought about that one in a long time!

Pretty stupid movie but I noticed an old friend in the obligatory “hacker” scene :stuck_out_tongue:

oh nice! :slight_smile:

One unexpectedly showed up the other day on the wrist of a person I was meeting with.

That must have been a surprise with only such a limited production!.. Did you know the guy had one?

R

At my old university. Walking my kid to her summer camp I came across this out in the wild. Sad to see it stripped of branding and all beat up…but hey, it’s an industrial vehicle. I wish I had gotten a better picture but it was behind bars.

I had no idea. It was only 30 minutes in that even noticed… he was just waiting for me to catch on. :slight_smile:

I stumbled across this Taiwanese stop-motion promo video with 2 of the transformers we worked on.

Watching Mission Impossible Fallout the other day and noticed a LifeProof iPad Case I did significant work on a few years ago getting some good screen time:

Oh nice! Congrats!

The location was expected being an airport and me having designed travel luggage.
But I saw it from a random runway models post and I’m going through her pics and recognize one of my bags in her picture. She was carrying it or the person in front of her was but it was very prominent.

This week, I saw a shower caddy foot that I designed laying amongst some leaves and bags near someone’s trash can. I didn’t have the heart to take a photo.

I was at the APIC conference (Association of Professionals in Infection Control, or thereabouts). I worked on this project years ago. We killed it. Sold off the IP to another company 2(?) years ago. Hardware and dashboard interface pretty much exactly the same. Full launch is November. I hope to see one in the wild on a nurse.

That must have been a nice surprise!