Good design you love to have

Great comments here. I love all the stories about the vintage design objects. It’s interesting to see the types of objects that DESIGNERS are bringing up here. My guess is that they’re very different types of objects than what non designers would come up with.

I’d say my favorite thing I own is my Guitar, the Ibanez exotic wood, made with a beautiful zebra wood. Its got a great patina after a number of years of use. I rarely have time to play much anymore, (and maybe its because of that) but there is a certain reverence to pulling it out.

One in the “I’d buy the exact same thing (and have twice now) when they wear out” category is my Sanuk shoes. I prefer as little footwear as possible in every situation, and these puppies allow me to get the “sandal feel” well past summer time into the fall / winter.

Lastly, I love my dewalt impact driver. (no image needed I think) Every time I use it I am amazed at its capability. I don’t know that I own anything else that performs its function as well as this does. I remember building a deck with my dad back when I was a kid. We had an old makita drill (back before impact drivers existed / were popular) and I had to put ALL of my 12 yr old frame onto the back of that drill to get those screws to sink properly. And I remember the agony of painstakingly trying to back them out when they didn’t go in and the head would get stripped.