NDA questions

Hi Mike,

Thank you for responding and sharing your thoughts.

Yes I’m completely new to this. From all the research I realize that patents costs a lot and while figuring I’ll have to see a lawyer at some point, I’m hoping to learn enough to go in well prepared, to minimize the lawyer time & in the case of NDAs was hoping that I might be able to do it myself.

Part of the reason I’m hoping I can protect the ideas with NDAs, is that I’m hoping I can get enough protection to present it, and then, if it was purchased, let the company do the real, permanent, protection themselves. I’m also considering provisional patents as well. If no one buys, then I’ll see about proper patents, or what not, myself as Option #2 is for me is to ‘go it alone’.

How novel these and a couple other ideas I have, is variable, but they could easily be knocked off by China in no time. Deliberately with idea #1 & “Because it happens to be very similar to something already made.” with idea #2, they would use ‘the same’, well established, factories. To a degree, this is part of the sell to companies, they already produce similar products and they already have the fabrication in place. My idea is ‘next years model’, to a certain degree. This also might work for me if I go it alone, and need to do high volume production, as again, the factories already are producing very similar stuff for a few well known companies.

The dream would be would be to sell these two ideas, clear the decks, & concentrate on the next, couple of really interesting ideas…

Thanks again for your time and advice.
-Peter