Close

Re: juicero already issuing refunds

Postby Mr-914 » April 26th, 2017, 7:13 am

Mr-914

Fuse Project: Didn't Frog used to say they take projects that make them rich or make them famous? I think FP must have gotten some $$$ for their work. Bravo!

Moreover, I remember a story from my Uni days. One prof was hired by Cray Supercomputers to design a new box. His firm kept bringing up that it seemed like their was no future in supercomputers and they should do a Cray PC. The company went bankrupt before the new super computer box design was made.

As designers, we can try to make clients see that their business model doesn't work, but at the end of the day it is their decision.
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe

Postby Cyberdemon » April 26th, 2017, 8:16 am

Cyberdemon
full self-realization
full self-realization

If your hired by a saddle company, don't tell them you want to design a car.

It's a fair point. As a product, obviously the juicer meets it's functional requirements. I'm sure it could smash rocks if you tried.

What's more amazing is how far up it's own ass Silicon Valley is to pump 120M of capital into the idea. I can just picture a coffee shop parking lot full of Tesla's and i8's with guys talking about how amazing this product is going to be as they all break out their checkbooks.

Postby sonofscrotum » May 18th, 2017, 3:49 pm

sonofscrotum
step three
step three

Postby KenoLeon » May 18th, 2017, 7:22 pm

KenoLeon
step four
step four

mo-i wrote:Keno = Design hero of the day.

Sounds like sound design. But business model?

Thanks mo-i !

A bit overdue cause life, I just published a piece on medium : Juice Hero that goes a bit deeper, it also has sketches :)

As for business model, I think subscriptions and markups could still work if you lower hardware costs, I was thinking maybe even tie-ins and ads could bring revenue.

-K
Eugenio (Keno) Leon
k3no.com Linkedin Instagram

"We are surrounded with objects of desire, not objects of use.” Don Norman

Previous

Return to general design discussion