Re: The Fate of the 1HDC

Postby maj029 » February 21st, 2013, 1:42 pm

maj029
step one
step one

I was meaning to enter this one too, and missed the deadline due to random riff raff and other things quizzing my head. But I'd have to agree with above in that I had a chance to enter 2 - 3 weeks ago, but felt 'It's okay, I'll sketch something up closer to the time'... Then it tick tocked away! Perhaps if the time scale was reduced, and it was placed in or around the same date every month say, it would urge people to act quicker.

Although I never entered, I'd be sad to see it go.

burnsie :shock:
... burnsie ...

Postby Travisimo » February 21st, 2013, 3:36 pm

Travisimo
full self-realization
full self-realization

I like the fast challenges (even though I hardly ever participate and procrastinate about it too).

When I'm working on a project, seeing how much others do in an hour is inspiring, therefore I think the 1hr format is best and rather unique really

It'd be interesting to have feedback on a 1hdc entry, then throw another hour of sketching at the design afterwards... like a rev 2 of a design or 2hdc

as far as seeing it go: moderator or not, anyone could post a challenge on the forum... If your throwing in the towel, I guess it's up to us to kick something off

Postby Brett_nyc » February 21st, 2013, 3:49 pm

Brett_nyc
full self-realization
full self-realization

Ray, I think it could be 1 true hour.

The topic could announced or posted at PST 11:59am and you have to have everything posted by 1pm. you'd have to clear your schedule or find a way to make it work, but you commit to a slot finite timeslot, or even just the first 15min, then post, and done. 1 true hour gives some urgency to it, and you don't get spoiled seeing everyone's submissions spread out over 2 weeks.

Postby LabRats » February 21st, 2013, 3:53 pm

LabRats
step three
step three

I hope someone picks it up. I've entered a couple at least, as far as I can remember. I even won one. For me participating mainly came down to two things; was I interested in the challenge, and consistency of the challenges. Honestly, 1HDC was the thing that kept me coming back to these boards (to see if there was one going down and what was it) but with the inconsistency of their occurrences came the inconsistency of me coming here. Though, there is probably some way to get notified about them and I'm just not that savvy with the tech.

But with that being said, thanks a lot Jon for putting your time into organizing them!

I remember the skateboard grip tape challenge. Was that the most participation/whining & complaining/awesome fun that 1HDC has ever seen?!
"I must keep the windows open wide enough to let fresh air in but never wide enough for me to jump out." - Attaboy

Woot!

Postby NURB » February 21st, 2013, 7:13 pm

NURB

The water saving competition comes to mind...

I propose whomever wants to throw up a competition, do it. We could even create a section just for challenges. A moderator could lock the thread at a given time and that would be that. We could see how it goes for a couple tries and if it doesn't work, no harm done, we try something else.

Who wants to give it a shot for the first round?
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby chevisw » February 22nd, 2013, 2:27 pm

chevisw
step four
step four

To whom it may concern at core, I would be willing to talk about continuing what Jon created and being the moderator, if you would like to pm me i have a few questions, and ideas that i would want tor confirm and run by you to ensure we are on the same page. Maybe even a quick phone call.

Chevis Watkinson

Postby jon_winebrenner » February 22nd, 2013, 3:34 pm

jon_winebrenner

PM me....let's pass the torch.

Previous

Return to general design discussion

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list