PackageID

I feel like I am sitting in the back of the class with an old school movie projector ticking in the background.

Can some one please flip the audio cassette to side B!!!!?

J
-Justin Coble-
http://coroflot.com/jcoble

"Never let the same dog bite you twice" -Chuck Berry-

sanjy009
full self-realization
full self-realization

simon_four_fingers wrote:This video is sweet. The essence of industrial design, drenching sheep (watch it you'll get it).

Wonderful, so "Look Around You". My favourite quote (about 00:50):
"Industrial Design is a comparatively new career in Australia and openings are few at the present time."
just great...

Here's a similar video, 02:03 is relevant to this topic (the 'campy designer' at 02.28 is very 1978):

jon_winebrenner

sanjy009 wrote:"Industrial Design is a comparatively new career in Australia and openings are few at the present time."
just great...

I say you should be reading that as "GREAT!!!!"....OPPORTUNITY!!!

PM me...let's chat about Australia. One of my employees is from Melbourne...I also know a couple people in Sydney. I'd be happy to do what I can to connect you if you're struggling with job hunting.

bkhw
step two
step two

I create products.

sanjy009
full self-realization
full self-realization

This topic got me thinking, what is the "CPA" equivalent for ID?

You can't call yourself a doctor without a professional accreditation/ membership, but (at least here) anyone can call themselves an "Industrial Designer". The DIA has an 'accredited designer' programme, and the DIA is part of ICSID, but from what I can see it is based on national membership, i.e. in the USA join the ISDA and you get the same sort of ICSID membership, but what it means to be an Australian ID'er and a US ID'er depends on the respective national body.

Is there an international membership for Industrial Design?

yo
Administration
Administration

and This topic got me curious, if you search "famous industrial designers" this pops up pretty high:

http://www.ehow.com/list_7167507_famous ... esign.html

with the following definition:

Industrial designers are the people that work on connecting products to users, making them both simple to use and attractive. The field of industrial design began developing in the 19th century, when the industrial revolution came about. From then on different faces have shaped the way the world looked in specific points in time.

Read more: Famous Designers in Industrial Design | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7167507_famous ... z2JtThZza0

But back to your point. The idea of a certification has been batted about a lot over the years. I've been on both sides of the argument. I understand the desire to preserve and protect or credibility and integrity. My question has always been will a certification indeed do that?

What we do, our tools, the our processes also evolve so rapidly and vary accordingly depending on industry and specialization, that whatever certification that was put in place would have to be so at the core of who we are that it would be somewhat future proof.

Previous

Return to general design discussion

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list