Close

Re: IDSA's new Prez

Postby no_spec » March 2nd, 2013, 3:18 pm

no_spec
full self-realization
full self-realization

aside from cross promotion, is a division of labor implied?
Should IDSA narrow focus on strict ID topics and not follow ID Magazines mistake of trying to bring in other disciplines? would that free Core to do so? (assuming ID content came from IDSA contributors) Core could become more cross discipline.

central to any growth is the creation of value-added content, shared best practices, thought leadership, and more inclusiveness of the breadth of our profession. Core had taken the lead so far but with greater financial resources, could do greater things. Membership dues from IDSA could be the catalyst.

Postby scrotum » March 2nd, 2013, 7:43 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

I suggest we nominate Alicia Keys to be IDSA's next president, after all she is BlackBerry's creative director.

Postby Mr-914 » March 4th, 2013, 1:12 pm

Mr-914

I think that the cross-promotion is 80% of the value of C77 and IDSA working together. IDSA has tried to do somethings that C77 does much better: Coroflot job board and portfolios, C77 blog, C77 discussion forums. However, IDSA does somethings that C77 can't do: organizing conferences, printing a great magazine, lobbying and publicizing design to a wider audience (I guess C77 does that last one, but in a much different way).

If IDSA improves those core competencies by directing people to C77 who need the other stuff, it's a huge win-win. Also, long term, the rising tide will raise both boats.
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe

Postby PackageID » March 5th, 2013, 7:10 am

PackageID

I'm confused how this is different than before? Core has always promoted the conferences and awards. There has always been a core portfolio review and party at the conferences. The only thing that I see different is that IDSA has adopted Coroflot. I don't really see the value there. I will go to Coroflot if I want those postings. The only value I see here is that IDSA gas finally admitted that there needs to be a stronger partnership with Core77.

I would hope to see the new president to think how they can really bring the "boots on the ground" value that we all know IDSA should be bringing. It is getting better but still has a long way to go.

J
-Justin Coble-
http://coroflot.com/jcoble

"Never let the same dog bite you twice" -Chuck Berry-

Previous

Return to DESIGN ASSOCIATIONS & ORGANIZATIONS