VIDEO>>>5 Minute sketch series

aahaa…some post bargin u doing there buddy…YO that was pure inspirational…i loved the whole 5 min series you have started, and of course as many have mentioned the pastel touch was very cool…my suggestion for the next series would be some sort of a handtool, something simple…i have not done a project on them at all and dont know how much time it would take to do one…but i have seen some very good design iterations on those…whatever you come up with …u have me waiting on the edge of my seat.

way to go…

cheers

Yo,

Really like the Video’s, great way to share some techniques. How about for the next one uping the complexity slightly. showing maye a couple views/ or how something works, or is used. Maybe assembling a page layout and a couple notes. Thanks again for the video’s

… though I can’t sketch with any other pencil than a prismacolor.

How comes? Every tutorial I ever come across seems to recommend Prismacolor. Yet when I go to the art shop, ask them about Prismacolor, they never seem to have any and then go on to say how they’re just the same as what they do have.

I’m guessing they’re just harder to find in the UK, but was just wondering how different they really are?

I’m not sure how they compare to what is available in the UK, but the prisma color is pretty soft, so you can get a lot of values and thicknesses out of it. A lot of designers here also like Verithins, which has a much harder lead… I can’t seem to sketch with them though…

I am re commenting that I want that Rocko’s Modern Life ruler! It rocks!

I really liked the demo, but as a newbie, it would be nice to hear your thoughts regarding what types of pens you are using, different techniques you are using… Why are some lines extended beyond the borders when others are carefully delineated at the edges? Just design flair?

You might need a time machine to 1992… it came from a Burger King Happy meal my kid brother got… and I promptly stole Rocko like a good big brother, and he has been with me ever since!

I think that would be 10 minutes! It is pushing it to get this much done in 5!

There are a lot of sketching demos that go more into depth on these things (check out some Gnomon DVD’s). For me, I usually extend the broader, more general strokes as I define the overall form. These tend to come from the shoulder and elbow. It helps me get the perspective, though I’m not perfect, the top line of the screen in the last sketch is pretty off, but I didn’t have time to correct it in the 5 minute time frame. The details tend to be much more deliberate, so I’m working with smaller strokes.

I’m using prisma markers and pencils, and a gel rollerball.

I went on Ebay and to kids meal toy collectors and it seems that Rocko’s Modern Life was forgotten about. Maybe I will find it in a garage sale.

Episode 3 is up… it pushed to 6 minutes this time, but I wanted to tackle this month’s 1HDC in as short a time as possible:

Check out the vid, guess the song:

Here is the sketch:

These videos are great. Thanks, I am sure it takes time to record and upload.

I can’t get enough of these, keep them coming

Can you do one with something anatomical? Or just have a person in there?

Episode 4 is go.

thanks for uploadings those videos it really helps to know how other designers draw, speacially for me becuase i hated drawing when i get on school and only started to like it now that im graduated.

I’d second that, and also the “one point perspective sketch”, You posted recently would be very ineresting to see in progress.

Great vids, thanx for Your time

Are you getting close to finishing the next episode of your sketch series?

awesome stuff there yo, really kicked it with the car though!

Can we have a shoe, maybe a basketball one in perspective?

Good idea. Make videos for beginners also. Quick sketching is not my thing