Cintiq 27 QHD/Dell Canvas + Monitor related decion help

I am in the market for Cintiq 27 QHD,2560 x 1440 (or it’s long awaited replacement). Looking at Dell Canvas 27" QHD too.

I am currently using a 30" 2560 x 1600 monitor. If I get one of the above then my current monitor and the new tablet will have similar resolution plus I can continue using my current CS6 Master collection.

On the other hand if Wacom Cintiq 27 replacement comes out with 4k resolution then I might think about upgrading my monitor to 4k too as I prefer having same pixel pitch on tablet and the secondary monitor. This will also result in me being forced to move to Adobe subscription as the menu etc will be tiny on 4k with CS6.

Being a freelancer (doing well financially though) I am not sure I want to be tied to Adobe’s monthly payment in case I hit hard times. So my question basically is, if you were in my position would you continue to stick with non 4k setup and just add one of the current QHD Dell/Wacom tablets or move to 4k with everything?

Thanks again for your time.

4K is over-rated to me - 1440P is the sweet spot in my mind in terms of performance/resolution/scaling.

Buy what you need to get the job done efficiently, and unless you have some particular need for 4K then you can always sell your current gen hardware down the line and upgrade.

Thanks for the reply.

I don’t have any specific or urgent need to buy 4k. It is just that my 30" is getting bit old, had it many years. Even at max brightness it is not very bright any more. Still fully usable but after 6-7+ years…

So whenever I upgrade I need to take the tablet resolution and replacement monitor’s resolution in mind as I would be stuck with it for next 3+ years.

Option A- Stick with what I have and just add the Dell or Wacom 27"- Outlay= Cost of tablet only.
Option B- Wait for 4k Wacom 27 Cintiq and add a new 4k monitor. Outlay= Cost of tablet + Cost of monitor + Cost of Adobe Subscription (for life)

Anyone about to drop coin on Dell Canvas? The more I research the the more it seems like good value for $. Wacom tech without Wacom price and possibly better software options.