Close

Re: fusion360 anyone?

Postby proileri » September 22nd, 2017, 5:46 am

proileri

Curtis_Hungness wrote:I agree Proileri. I think that it is great that they are thinking about the little guy. I believe there are a lot of people out there who want to start designing or have ideas but are unable to because they can't afford descent 3D modeling software. This is their foot in the door you can say, and with it being so similar to solid works it will help professionals take them more seriously.

I was actually thinking a couple of of my friends just now. They are starting a small jewelry/whatnot shop in their basement, including some wood products, and mentioned how expensive SW would be for their tiny company. The fact that Fusion is free for them and included CAM stuff would be perfect for their use, especially if they want to set up a small wood CNC :)

Postby Curtis_Hungness » September 24th, 2017, 8:45 am

Curtis_Hungness

proileri wrote:
I was actually thinking a couple of of my friends just now. They are starting a small jewelry/whatnot shop in their basement, including some wood products, and mentioned how expensive SW would be for their tiny company. The fact that Fusion is free for them and included CAM stuff would be perfect for their use, especially if they want to set up a small wood CNC :)

That's awesome to hear! Don't get me wrong I still think solid works is a great program, but there just has to be something for the masses.

What have you done with Fusion 360 Proileri?

Postby jon_winebrenner » October 5th, 2017, 4:26 pm

jon_winebrenner

I've switched to Fusion 360 almost exclusively. Their 2D drawings are....still lacking, but it's getting there. I have no doubt that I will have to fire up Pro/e again in the future.

With respect to the cost of Software, I also have a seat of Pro/e and a seat of Solidworks. It is one of your professional tools. You're no longer in school and the reality of business is having to ensure you can STAY in business. That software takes millions of dollars to create. That's what you're paying for in addition to the ability to do what you love to do.

Previous

Return to software and technology