uMake app : 2d sketch to 3d

Postby steppenwolf » March 17th, 2016, 12:28 am

steppenwolf
step two
step two

I only recently came across this pretty interetsing app :

uMake

https://www.umake.xyz/

reminds of CATIA one that you sketch and then it translates the lines to 3d volumes. uMake though is only an mobile app (tablets) and i started using it in my ipad mini. Hmmmm... i am so intrigued now to get an iPad pro as now having a) sketcbook and b) uMake (+ the pencil) make it more appealing to me and justify to a sense the cost.

Re: uMake app : 2d sketch to 3d

Postby lepenyhal » April 14th, 2016, 8:47 am

lepenyhal

If you get hold of an iPad Pro, you could try Shapr3D too - in my experience, it's much more intuitive, and the output files are easier to use with desktop CAD software.
Here's a video of its workflow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmAjvfNL9mA
It's a pity that it only works on an iPad Pro, though.

Postby Evi_Meyer » April 14th, 2016, 2:08 pm

Evi_Meyer

Hi @steppenwolf!

We're glad that you're intrigued to get an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil. It's a great piece of technology and we highly recommend it. The best thing about it is that there many apps you can use - from 2D sketching apps like ProCreate to 3D sketching like uMake. Also, there other 3D apps too that you can benefit from. Each one has its own advantages and I'm sure you would enjoy it.

As for uMake, we are always working to create an amazing experience for our amazing customers :)

Cheers,
Evi

Postby jamesmartin057 » May 17th, 2016, 7:01 am

jamesmartin057

I used this app on my iPad pro and its best to create 3D sketch. It has effective features for 3D sketching.

-------------------------
James Martin
Apps Developer

Return to software and technology