Solidworks backdated subscription costs/Onshape/Fusion360

Here’s the complete and major BS that DS is shoveling…(and I could totally be misunderstanding what they are now peddling)

The old way of upgrading if you weren’t on subscription was a one time penalty fee of $500 I think or somewhere around there. NOW if you chose not to stay on subscription you’ll have to pay for every year you were off subs until it reaches the value of the version of SW that you have. Basically saying that during the time you were off subs they had to pay for the extra features that were added into the next version that they come out with.

NOW…here’s my problem with the whole situation with a subscription based model which is that when (insert software company here) puts out software that crashes all the time, functionality is broken that previously worked, or very little new was added that pertain to my particular field of interest…should I be able to charge them for loss of revenue because it delays the project? Like there’s not insurance to cover broken azz software from (insert software company here). I can’t remember the article written about “if car companies put out cars like software companies” we’d all be in a world of hurt. Tires would need to be upgraded after it rolls right off the car lot, one window wouldn’t roll down until SP1 comes out…

But again, it’s not like the current version that you have of SW all of a sudden it can’t get the work done that’s in front of you. I mean OnShape is great but it totally, at this point, isn’t on the same level of Solidege, Inventor, or SW and it’ll take some time before it is there. Plus you have NO clue that in 10 years that OnShape won’t do the same thing. I’m not saying that you shouldn’t leave SW, but voting with your dollars is always the one sure fire way to show a company what you actually think about them…