Close

Re: The thread for silly Alias questions...

Postby eobet » October 26th, 2012, 1:09 pm

eobet
step three
step three

Not sure if this works:

http://ge.tt/1abyaJQ/v/0?c

Either way, offset 0.00 and deleting the originals did the trick.

Postby hydra » March 7th, 2015, 12:58 pm

hydra

Hi All

I am a newbie in Alias, tryin to learning with tutorials. So, I am founding a lot of problems, just that this thread shows.
If somebody could help me, I would be very please. Thank you beforehand.

The question is about the Transformer rig. I watched this tutorial http://help.autodesk.com/view/ALIAS/201 ... C8B3FB65CC and I was amazing how this tool works, but when I have tried it with my own sample, I cannot get a good solutiion. May be I am doing something wrong.

Please, look the attached image. Image

The target is the blue trimmed surface. The predefined modifier origin is the yellow one, and the destination is the green one.

Thank you again

Cyberdemon
full self-realization
full self-realization

I never have used any of the rig tools, but looking at that video it looks like the tool may only work on natural boundaries and not trim edges?

lunglao51566

Great workaround, thank you!

Aargh! They changed the licensing to activation in 2011 even on the student version, and my account doesn't seem to work after I input my serial codes... I... hate... DRM... why companies should have more rights than you do is beyond me. Only legal customers ever get screwed, never ever pirates. Sigh.

gregsonlucas
step one
step one

How do you model this in alias?

Postby chevis » July 10th, 2015, 1:21 pm

chevis

looks to me as if they did a displacement map on the surface so that it shows up- or they Photoshoped it.
I would take that approach to communicate it for a concept unless you needed hard surface data...... then there are several ways to do this.

What are YOU trying to achieve?

Cyberdemon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Agreed, it looks like something that was either fudged for the rendering or built using Sub-division modeling, by subdividing that patch and then pinching and pulling the points row by row.

gregsonlucas
step one
step one

its a produced concept, rose lovegrove renault twin'z

ok, how about something simpler, they have a nice blend toward outer pattern area

Postby chevis » July 13th, 2015, 8:16 am

chevis

My first attempt and method would be built using Sub-division modeling, by subdividing that patch and then pinching and pulling the points row by row.

as mentioned above.

Cyberdemon
full self-realization
full self-realization

The tooth brush is easier, you can project that grid and trim out the square holes, which gives you a 4 sided patch inside each square. You can then pull the CV's of that 4 sided patch inward (using the NUV tool) and blend them out towards the outside edges.

As far as the Renault pattern, it seems like it would be a combination of patch modeling to build out the main spines then filling the divots in and blending them out, but hard to say without spending a lot of time experimenting with it. There are a lot of NURBS operations that will get you crazy patterns and by applying some process logic to it (such as understanding how to insert isoparms or divide surfaces numerically) you can control it fairly tightly.

It might also all just be direct modeled on one crazy ass surface patch.

Matthew_Perkins

At one time I found a link to a larger library of Alias Shaders. I recently lost a bunch of data; and I cannot seem to find it anymore. There used to be an Alias site that had downloadable shared resources; but it doesn't seem to be around any longer. Does anyone know of any place that has more Alias Shaders? Also; after installing Alias Design 2016; I seem to be missing "Rubber" materials . . .

If anyone has some they wouldn't mind sharing via dropbox or whatever; I would be grateful!

Postby eobet » April 7th, 2016, 4:53 am

eobet
step three
step three

So we finally got a couple of Alias licenses at work, and I've been using it seriously now for the first time in a couple of years... three weeks in and I've already gotten two bugs confirmed by Autodesk.

Feels ( Γ˚Д˚)Γ to be back...

vvseo008

1. right click over the curve and select Curve Point...
...now, select a point on the curve, in the place where you want more CV's
...and under Edit Curves menu, choose Insert Knot

Previous

Return to software and technology