"Budget" Cad prodgrams

I think if anything it just has to do more with legacy. Solidworks and Rhino have both been established ID tools since I was in college in the early 2000’s. It’s what a large number of employers ask for, it’s what the majority of schools teach, etc. At that time, Inventor was horrible. Even if it’s added and assimilated a lot of cool new features over the years, I don’t think it had the base in any ID programs at the time.

Fusion had a better foothold because they targeted it very early at educational programs. “Learn Fusion for free!” “See how easy fusion is!” so even though you don’t see a lot of industry adoption, you see a lot of students who knew how to use it and that will help it get adopted quicker.

The “Big” tools like Pro E, Alias, Catia, NX - those all have a lower market share but they’ve been in the game for even longer, so big commercial players who’ve been doing this forever still keep those as part of their legacy tool chain and that effects the whole supply chain. You won’t go to Asia and see factories who are using Fusion on the day to day, you’ll see SW and Pro E.