Re: Solidworks To Rhino

Postby slippyfish » February 25th, 2013, 2:41 pm

slippyfish
full self-realization
full self-realization

OK got it, kinda. Thanks.

Sorry to the OP for taking this on a curvature-continuous tangency. :D

To answer your last question, I'm sure there are tons of tutorials out there due to Rhino being a more accessible program. My troubles going from Pro/E and ISDX to Rhino were that it felt 'flimsy', like I wanted to lock more things down. But certain surfaces and features were much easier to do in Rhino vs SolidWorks so sometimes we'd patch the two together.

Postby scrotum » February 25th, 2013, 6:09 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

Anyone remember CDRS? A great surfacing program (splines were hair-thin and renderings looked like photos), unfortunately Parametric Technologies (makers of Pro/E) bought Evans & Sutherland and ran CDRS to the ground.

Postby slippyfish » February 25th, 2013, 6:17 pm

slippyfish
full self-realization
full self-realization

scrotum wrote:Anyone remember CDRS? A great surfacing program (splines were hair-thin and renderings looked like photos), unfortunately Parametric Technologies (makers of Pro/E) bought Evans & Sutherland and ran CDRS to the ground.

That was the first CAD program for ID that I used, circa 1997. It was a stand-alone (at the time) partner to Pro/E. It ran on a crazy expensive Digital machine with top-of-the-line performance. I changed jobs from a pretty fun agency to a dysfunctional corporate gig just to use that software, and learned it quite well.

Isn't CDRS essentially what became ISDX and then Wildfire?

Previous

Return to software and technology

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list