Tutorials For Maxwell Studio

Postby consider_motion » February 6th, 2013, 2:45 pm

consider_motion

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for tutorials for Maxwell Studio. I'm in between jobs and would like to learn another rendering program in my down time.

Are there such things like Lynda Tutorials for Maxwell? Or at least this style of tutorial that systematically shows everything about the program.

So far I've followed a few Youtube links by James Coleman which were very insightful.

But I'd like some help from the ID community in this search.

Anyone know of anything?

- James
Attachments
maxwell-studio-ui.jpg
maxwell-studio-ui.jpg (81.5 KiB) Viewed 2148 times

Re: Tutorials For Maxwell Studio

Postby hatts » February 13th, 2013, 2:34 pm

hatts
step three
step three

digital-tutors has a short-but-sweet Maxwell section, but of course it's a paid site; probably only worth it if you already have a membership.

Next Limit's own YouTube channel also has an exhaustive selection of videos, that are more explanatory than they are "step-by-step." http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1FE393A926FF8A17

But overall that series by James Coleman is the gold standard...

Otherwise just visit their forums and scour for weeks on end.
www.maxwellrender.com/forum
Matthew Spencer | Jeff Koons Studio

Postby Sain » February 13th, 2013, 2:56 pm

Sain
full self-realization
full self-realization

When I was learning Maxwell I had this DVD. Gave me a good understanding of the program.

http://www.vtc.com/products/Maxwell-Ren ... orials.htm
emmanuel carrillo - emmanuelcarrillo.com

Postby mappdaniel » February 18th, 2013, 10:29 am

mappdaniel
step three
step three

I haven't used it for a long time and the interface seems to have changed somewhat since I did.

All I did was keep playing with it and when I got stuck consult Google. The maxwell materials community can also be pretty useful

My advice is to start of small(single parts) then work up to bigger renders such as full interior scenes.

This allows you to take on a bit more info each time rather than an influx at the beginning

Its not the sort of package you'll pick up overnight, I think by the time I stopped using it I had been using it for 2 years and there was probably still plenty of things I hadn't got competent at with it.

Biggest thing it taught me was time management as my old pc used to be tied up for days at a time rendering with it.

when it comes to maxwell patience is a virtue .

Postby Dansercoer » May 24th, 2014, 12:08 pm

Dansercoer
step three
step three

hatts wrote:But overall that series by James Coleman is the gold standard...

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a free or inexpensive alternative to James Coleman’s experiential tuturials that cover everything one needs to know, for version 3?

Postby hatts » May 24th, 2014, 2:18 pm

hatts
step three
step three

Dansercoer wrote:I was wondering if anyone could recommend a free or inexpensive alternative to James Coleman’s experiential tuturials that cover everything one needs to know, for version 3?

The workflow is the same for version 3, there are very few differences. Otherwise here's the main support page:
http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mx ... mentation/

This is the page with all the new version 3 features, and direct links to their info pages:
http://support.nextlimit.com/display/mx ... ease+notes
Matthew Spencer | Jeff Koons Studio

Postby Dansercoer » May 24th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Dansercoer
step three
step three

The improved GUI makes the tutorials (V2) hard to follow, at least for a beginner like me.

Return to software and technology

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list