Close

Concept Coke can splits in two for sharing

Postby scrotum » May 31st, 2013, 4:42 pm

scrotum
full self-realization
full self-realization

rkuchinsky

That's dumb. It's not one can you can split. It's two cans attached. You can't drink it as one can (unless I'm missing something). If you could have it as one (opening the top somehow opens the bottom and a seal between the two) it would be cool. Otherwise, lame.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

bepster
full self-realization
full self-realization

Agreed.

I was also disappointed when I saw the clip earlier today. It seems gimmicky and impractical.

sketchroll
step four
step four

I dont think it's meant to be practical or a real consumer product. Seems more like their usual sharing happiness stunts. In which case, COOL.
My current setup: Core i7 4790 + 16gb ram + 250gb SSD + Windows 8.1 + Adobe Photoshop CC + Yiynova MSP19u

Re: Concept Coke can splits in two for sharing

Postby NURB » May 31st, 2013, 11:03 pm

NURB

Dumb. Come on Coke... Your're better than this.
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby nxakt » June 1st, 2013, 10:36 am

nxakt
full self-realization
full self-realization

Sorry y'all, this is good. And half the calories as a regular can of Coke.

Postby Lmo » June 1st, 2013, 12:41 pm

Lmo

Sorry y'all, this is good. And half the calories as a regular can of Coke.

It's even better than that! It's 1/4 the calories of a regular can of Coke; you are sharing one half, of a half, of a Coke... . . Image

Boy, would I be pissed if I was buying a Coke for myself and only got a half full can.
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

nxakt
full self-realization
full self-realization

Lmo wrote:Boy, would I be pissed if I was buying a Coke for myself and only got a half full can.

But on the upside, buying the world a coke just became half as expensive. Although maybe not in 1971 dollars. :)

Boosted561
step four
step four

I find these projects very interesting because they're primarily there for the purposes of enhancing the reputation of the brand. It's very hard to bring packaging innovations to market. But, it's a lot easier to publicize smaller explorations. Heineken has been doing this for a few years now with great success and now Coca Cola.

They really can't change the product and commercializing innovations are very complex and often slow to market. Do you guys think most consumers will percieve them as a more innovative company with these projects?

Boosted561
step four
step four

sketchroll wrote:I dont think it's meant to be practical or a real consumer product. Seems more like their usual sharing happiness stunts. In which case, COOL.

I'd agree with this. It's much like their slim vending machine a few weeks ago.

Postby Lmo » June 4th, 2013, 7:46 am

Lmo

Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

sketchroll
step four
step four

Boosted561 wrote:I find these projects very interesting because they're primarily there for the purposes of enhancing the reputation of the brand. It's very hard to bring packaging innovations to market. But, it's a lot easier to publicize smaller explorations. Heineken has been doing this for a few years now with great success and now Coca Cola.

They really can't change the product and commercializing innovations are very complex and often slow to market. Do you guys think most consumers will percieve them as a more innovative company with these projects?

Sometimes you just have to take off your design goggles and just enjoy the product. I dont know if the consumer will find cocacola to be more innovative through this stunt, but im sure theyll have a smile on their face.
My current setup: Core i7 4790 + 16gb ram + 250gb SSD + Windows 8.1 + Adobe Photoshop CC + Yiynova MSP19u

Boosted561
step four
step four

sketchroll wrote:I dont know if the consumer will find cocacola to be more innovative through this stunt, but im sure theyll have a smile on their face.

We've been tracking how CPG's communicate innovation to the consumer and there is a cascading effect on commercialized goods as well as the brand from these "halo" non-commercialized explorations. Heineken does this as well.

orrkwankit
step two
step two

What is the point of this other than risk getting a cut from the upper half?

Boosted561
step four
step four

orrkwankit wrote:What is the point of this other than risk getting a cut from the upper half?

Conceptually, it represents the brand's key mantra of sharing happiness. It's a brand building exploration that increases the awareness for the consumer.

Go to the Next Page

Return to branding, packaging, & retail design