Close

Re: Concept Coke can splits in two for sharing

Postby Lmo » June 26th, 2013, 6:38 pm

Lmo

It's a brand building exploration that increases the awareness for the consumer.

Viewed from in another genre, it's a "concept car" .... we're doing it because we like it, and we think you will too.

Ogilvy Argentina created this massive Coke machine called “Machine of Friendship” for Argentinian Friendship Day, held on July 20th. Due to its height, the only way to put money in the machine was with the help of a friend. Once the teamwork was complete, you would both be rewarded by receiving two Cokes for the price of one. That is unless of course you happen to be a dude like Robert Wadlow, in which case you would receive two Cokes for yourself, following your initial reaction of “F*ckin’ A… FINALLY!” - See more at: http://www.thatsnerdalicious.com/caffei ... Z5Q80.dpuf

Ogilvy Argentina also was the agency responsible for the "Sharing Can"
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Azrehan
step four
step four

This reminded me of the toilets at the cinema I went to yesterday, which have low urinals for the next generation but the flush button was above my head height even on the low ones. I think it was at about 2 metres. Should have got a pic.

Maybe their design intent was to get your friend to help you flush.

Postby bkhw » August 1st, 2013, 4:04 pm

bkhw
step two
step two

I do not know if the campaign is also in other countries, but the cans with someone name on it is doing very well over here in The Netherlands. I hear a lot of people talking about it and buying them for other people if they see their name on it.

Postby Mr-914 » September 23rd, 2013, 11:49 am

Mr-914

1. Anything that might get people to drink less sugar water is good. I lost a ton of weight after stopping drinking soda...and not changing much else.

2. What is up with ads selling happiness. This is even more stupid than ads selling sex. I'm dead inside. I won't be happy after drinking anything.
Ray Jepson

"The key to success in this business is to find a boss who doesn't care." - Mike Rowe

Postby NURB » September 23rd, 2013, 2:04 pm

NURB

[quote="Mr-914"I'm dead inside. I won't be happy after drinking anything.[/quote]

Ha! I just spit out my sugar water!
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

Postby PackageID » September 23rd, 2013, 6:51 pm

PackageID

Mr-914 wrote:12. What is up with ads selling happiness. This is even more stupid than ads selling sex. I'm dead inside. I won't be happy after drinking anything.

I disagree. Treat = Happiness. Just because a product can make you fat does not mean that it is evil. Candy can make you fat, but a candy treat once every now and then can bring a smile to everyone's face. It's not always the food that is the issue, but the habits.

To the concept, there is a big trend in the snack food, "junk food" category to cue sharing. This encourages portioning in an engaging way.

J
-Justin Coble-
http://coroflot.com/jcoble

"Never let the same dog bite you twice" -Chuck Berry-

Previous

Return to branding, packaging, & retail design