bowtie Budweiser can

Link to an article in Packaging Digest on this can.-
http://www.packagingdigest.com/article/523221-Budweiser_to_introduce_bowtie_shaped_can.php

Personally this can is not going to get me to buy Bud, I will buy an 8 pack to examine the can, but after that no more, just not my kind of beer.

IMO, the old can graphics were dated, but will probably resurface as “Bud Classic” at some later date. :slight_smile: The comparison pic really points out how dated it looks, although very identifiable.

Beer marketing, if the taste is not changed, is about relating the product with current social attitudes and generational identifiers, you need to change the look every so often to keep interest high, never mind the product. (I suppose this applies to just about every established product created though).

I also admire the effort and risk, and how did that Michelob pop top can work out? I don’t think it even made it to my part of the world.

If overall sales increase over time by using this can more than projected without this can, it is a success.
The tooling and packaging lends itself to more of these types of promotions in the future. customer design contests, event specific promotions and cans, I say a smart move.