Close

Re: % of cost for packaging

Postby Boosted561 » March 9th, 2011, 3:45 pm

Boosted561
step four
step four

NURB wrote:He's roasting beans, then grinding, then brewing. Roasting temps are at or above 500.

Could you just use a full body shrink film? When the consumer activates the packaging, they just pull a zipper down the body of the sleeve and remove the shrink. That would address your concern over inks but allows you to still apply graphics to the can.

Postby zippyflounder » March 9th, 2011, 4:03 pm

zippyflounder
full self-realization
full self-realization

Boosted561 wrote:
NURB wrote:He's roasting beans, then grinding, then brewing. Roasting temps are at or above 500.

Could you just use a full body shrink film? When the consumer activates the packaging, they just pull a zipper down the body of the sleeve and remove the shrink. That would address your concern over inks but allows you to still apply graphics to the can.
If, in their early morning fog they forget...then you have a smoking pile of melted plastic all over the cartridge. Its a good thought but that could be a real stinking mess that would only happen once I am afraid. In doing some more research the soy inks seem to not have much of a odor when they burn off (bit of smoke though and that's not good) so printing is maybe a option. That means of course because the printing will be destroyed in roasting you still need something that they can keep in hand as a reminder that "oh yea that was great lets get that again!" piece.

Postby rkuchinsky » March 9th, 2011, 4:08 pm

rkuchinsky

Easy fix with good design. Make something on the shrink package (also nicely labelled "sealed for Quality" so that it doesn't fit in the machine unless you take it off. It's a good idea that adds value, and also ritual to the process plus connotes sealed, high quality goods.

I'm sure there are plenty of other good design solutions like this if you have your eyes open looking for them, and not just blindly following the "it works, so it's good enough" mantra...

R
Richard Kuchinsky / Directive Creator
http://www.rkuchinsky.com

The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

Postby kessaymartial_05 » November 23rd, 2013, 2:20 am

kessaymartial_05

Hello all. I am glad to join this forum. I find interesting stuff here. I am as resident of Mitchell. Now I am planning to move to Phillip. I am wondering if anybody can recommend me how to handle relocation task and storage in Mitchell?

Postby Lmo » November 28th, 2013, 3:16 pm

Lmo

kessay, drop another SPAM bomb on us and it will be your last post.
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Previous

Return to branding, packaging, & retail design