Burger King New "Sit Down" Redesign

I’d love that, too. You’ve just described my typical lunch. However it would be at least triple the cost and Big Kitchen would be out of business shortly after…

You are missing the entire point of this topic. What does anything that you just posted above have to do with what all of us can imagine the BK brand to be? The point of this like it or not has to do with if a Brand such as BK can upgrade themselves to a more premium offering. Simple as that!! Not if you think the food good (which we can clearly see you don’t) or if you believe in eating beef (which looks like you are a vegetarian) but rather what it take for a brand to move from one part of a category to another.

I am not going to sit here and argue with you over the fat content of fast food. We all know its bad, we all know it cause many problems in our culture, and we all know that it clogs your arteries, etc…But for a place like BK to offer everything you mentioned with the same cost margins they have now would just be impossible. It would be like you telling me you want me to put vitamins and minerals in a Snickers Bar or bag of M&M’s and sell them for $0.65. First off no one would bye it because it is no longer appealing, and secondly it would cost a fortune. It just does not make any sense. Now if you would like for BK to ad more salads to their menu and of vegetarian burger options, that can be accomplished. This still would not be as healthy as you may think it is.

I like Burger King. Good for them.
Fast food has become a lot more conscious of image. I think the competition for having better or nicer food/dinning experience is positive. Seems like a lot of BK’s and McD’s are stepping up and offering wireless internet and other amenities that are attractive and useful. I like the change.

This was the original question on the very first post. How is discussing the ACTUAL FOOD missing the point? Its mentioned that you rarely eats fast food and you’re not sure the interior would change that. My points may not be perfect but I think they’re valid. The food is what really matters. Not the interior or the amenities.

And you have made your point. I am just trying to move the discussion on to the design of the environment. I think we have all agreed that the food would need to be changed or they would need to play up their more healthy options in order for this to work. My question would a new interior and exterior change the brand perception. I do think that is possible if done right along with food.

I could see it working better with black fabric / mesh “curtains” separating the booths for a truly intimate dining experience. Still, the redesign seems way too much of the same to me, nothing really intriguing. I think they should’ve gone the opposite direction and back to BK’s roots- western theme!

Blame Americans for the diet they consume not the retailers who serve it to them.
Isn’t freedom of choice a big part of American culture ?
The problem here isn’t the fast food chains it’s the American education system that has quite obviously failed in informing people that OVER consuming (because really, you can have it now and again as a treat if that’s what you like) this kind of thing isn’t a sustained healthy diet.

So moving on and bringing the conversation back to the design… I think it looks swell :slight_smile:

I think most people are not over-consuming in ignorance. Society overall has moved away from restraint and moderation over the last few decades, and no amount of education will prevent this.

I don’t think this refresh will expand their customer base, because it looks like current BK style. I think they could do the western theme in a tasteful. modern way, and it would be really sweet. Some gray wood paneling would be killer.

Right on. Add some checkered table clothes, maybe some burlap & barbed wire. How about a spin-off, little sibling brand? Baca King or maybe Butte King.

Let’s do it!

Look at Chipotle, I would say they have nice interior design, it feels high quality, and cool yet industrial. It’s not the typical plastic coated, laminated, sanitized fast food restaurant look.

As mentioned, taco bell’s recent refresh is really well executed. I don’t know if this is regional, but it seems that they didn’t just remodel the interior- the staff is HUGELY IMPROVED- they are always smiling, kind and bring you wet naps and mints at your table!

I could see Burger King doing something similar, but warm with a modern western twist- like a steak house.

Your on to something. Add grass fed bison to the menu. Tastes better than cdaisy’s veggies. Better nutritionally than beef and better for the ecosystem
http://hubpages.com/hub/bison

Your on to something. Add grass fed bison to the menu. Tastes better than cdaisy’s veggies. Better nutritionally than beef and better for the ecosystem
http://hubpages.com/hub/bison

A bison whopper. My mouth is watering.

^ I prefer Buffalo. They’re tastier because the name sounds cooler.

taratraynor56 has been thinking of that zinger since the last post in Oct 2009. I think he nailed everyone.
I especially like the abundance of evidence to back up the statement.

I went back to revisit what this thread was about and discovered that the thread-bump was a verbatim quote by this spambot. Now that I was writing this I actually discovered it was not verbatim at all! I often find myself strangely fascinated by spambots… I mean, what’s the purpose of this??

I am not sure if this is a menu screen or a touch screen to place your order. Maybe this interior may suite for certain target zones who would praise the ambiance. For some, they dont care how the interior is. I guess it is a publicity stunt to attract customers who would like to sit, access internet and have meetings or tax papers done.

As well for some reasons Americans like to not fully cook there beef which is very odd. When I was in the states they ask how you want your burger… uhh COOOKED please.

You don’t have options of how you liked your burger cooked? Medium rare, medium, medium well, well done. We take our burgers seriously in the U.S.

Well, but how did the worldwide rollout of that redesign go?
I didn’t see much of it over here…
Just reacently I read that the Burger King chain was sold from
one “strategic investor” to another. That’s reeking of more
serious problems.

Will it go the way of GM or are they able to be something else
than a McDonalds clone spiced up with MSG?

yours mo-i