My first challenging branding project/a cry for help

First of all a big HELLO to everyone, this is my first post!

I recently graduated and have landed my first paid internship (phew). Unfortunately without uni support staff or fellow designers around me I am struggling a bit and the first review meeting didn’t go too great. Unfortunately I can’t describe the project but I will try and describe what they are after…

Basically they want a premium-feeling brand/product that appeals to pretty much all age ranges (but mainly ‘cool mums’) and creates a whole premium experience for the user in its packaging/branding (ipod was inevitably mentioned).

If anyone knows of brands that achieve this successfully that would be great! Any premium packaging examples would also be a great help, that help enhance the whole experience of the brand. Aside from this, general tactics at tackling briefs like this would be extremely helpful!! I apologise if this all sounds a bit vague - if you have any questions I will try to answer them.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Coach bags.

This is certainly one, but there are many many more. Its kind of hard to tell you with out knowing something about the project but I can give you a list of brands that may send you in the right direction. Premium is a big bag as it means many different things to many different people, but the first place to start to look would be in the fashion and Alcohol categories.

Coach
Luis Vuittan
Prada
channel
Most wines
Absolute Vodka
Nob Creak Whiskey
Basil Hadden
Godiva
Mac Cosmetics
William Sonoma

This is just to name a few. Try checking out TheDieline.com and you will find a ton of premium packaging. I also encourage you to go out and do some field research. This is where you are going to find real examples. Go to a specialty kitchen store and walk around. Take notice of the shapes and colors of the wine glasses, cutting boards and kitchen knives. Go to a liquor store and notice that even if you don’t know anything about the wine the label grabs your attention. You need to submerse yourself in what ever it is that you are working one and the best way to do that is do your observation first and surround your self with those products.

Hope this helps.