Yo design talk, Cleveland Institute of Art

Hey c77 team,

I’ll be speaking at the Cleveland Institute of Art this Friday. If you are in the area, come on in and say hello. Full details below:

Michael DiTullo, the Chief Design Officer of Sound United, will be speaking in the CIA Peter B. Lewis Theater on Friday, April 22nd at 5pm
The PBL Theater is on the ground floor of the Cleveland Institute of Art Gund Building at 11610 Euclid Avenue.

Michael is passionate advocate as well as experienced practitioner of design. He is responsible for ethnographic research, product definition, product line management, design strategy, brand positioning, industrial design, and marketing creative for the Definitive, Polk, and BOOM brands. In addition to his work at Sound United he is a contributor for the well-known design resource, core77.com. He lectures at corporations, universities, and conferences on the effect, value, and how to’s of design.

Prior to Sound United Michael was Creative Director at the legendary frog design, where he lead teams that worked with Google, Motorola, Honda, Braun, Brooks, Harmon Kardon, and Intel. Before frog DiTullo spent nearly a decade developing several product collections at Nike Inc for the Converse, Jordan, and Nike brands, from advanced concept to production. He started his career at Evo Design where he worked for a wide array of clients. DiTullo holds a BFA in Industrial Design from the Rhode Island School of Design and also studied at the Cleveland Institute of Art. His work has garnered international awards and has been featured in many media outlets and publications.

here is the invite image.

I was really impressed with my trip out to Cleveland. The new CIA building is fantastic, modern, bright and open with great facilities. I got to spend time with students in the ID, transportation, interior design, and graphic design programs. The level of the students and the work coming out of there is really high. They have a world class program there. I’m sure the reputation will catch up with it.

Cool to see you giving back and reaching out to schools and such, I always thought I learned the most from critiques when an outside perspective was there, someone completely unfamiliar with you and the only thing they can critique is your work. :wink: