Oct 24 - Giving Lecture for IDSA - LA Chapter

Hey there, if you are in the LA area I’ll be giving a lecture at CSU - Long Beach on October 24 on what I’ve learned over the past 1.5 years as Chief Design Officer of Sound United. Should be fun and hopefully a bit informative. If you can join, more info here:

Duncan Anderson Lecture Series
Designers In Their Own Words

Through the years, the Duncan Anderson Design Lecture Series has invited top professionals to share their knowledge and experience with design students at California State University, Long Beach. Thanks to Cecelia Anderson-Malcolm and the Duncan Anderson Endowment, CSULB now has an ongoing design lecture series to rival those at private design schools. The CSULB Industrial Design Program is working closely with IDSA-LA, and its student chapters, to schedule an exciting line-up of speakers. Please let your chapter officers know of professionals you want to meet and hear at future events.

In the CSULB Design Department

After 6PM, parking is available across the street in the Foundation parking lot – $5

Google Map to the location.
idlogomap2.jpg

Good luck with the presentation. I am very much looking forward to this lecture!

Attending this lecture is definitely on my list of priorities. I’m not a member of IDSA, or a student/alumnus of CSULB; will this be an issue for me trying to attend?

I hope it will be a really fun lecture. We just launched a bunch of new products in the last 2 weeks so I’ll have a lot I can talk about.

Jose, I don’t think you have to be an IDSA member and I know you don’t have to be an alum of CSULB. I think you will be fine if you go. Make sure you say hi. I love to meet forum posters in person!

Dang, the time I spent in LA that IDSA chapter seemed relatively non active. Would be a good one to attend!

Thanks Taftos. Here is a link to a few of the products I will be talking about the behind the scenes on including research, brand positioning, design language creation, design and NPD and marketing strategy:
http://www.polkheritage.com/