Isuda bike share design competition

I just announced a new design competition on my blog (BicycleDesign.net). In partnership with the Isuda bike share program in Singapore, the goal is to create a bike that is ideally suited for public sharing in a dense urban environment. Unlike many other bike share programs which have fixed locations, Isuda is based on the idea of mobile bike stations which are located where the most potential users are at different times throughout the day. The goal is to compliment the public transportation system in Singapore, and to make sure that all of the bikes in the system are available when and where daily commuters need them.

You can read more about the competition here: ISUDA Bike Share Design Competition | Bicycle Design

I am pretty excited about it, and I feel like it could have a real impact on the needs of a city with a rapidly growing population and significant transportation challenges. I can’t wait to see the entries, and really do hope to see something good come out of this. Plaese help spread the word if you can.

All of the entries for the ISUDA bike share design competition are in, and we now have them up on the site so that readers can discuss the concepts and pick the winner- Vote for the winner of the ISUDA bike share design competition | Bicycle Design

It was a difficult design brief, and I don’t know that any of the entries hit the nail on the head, but we are hoping that the post will generate more discussion and ideas about design for bike share systems. Please stop by the blog to cast your vote, and leave a comment if you are so inclined.