1HDC 12.12 - Redesign Santa's Sleigh [Discussion Forum]

THEME:
Design Santa a New Sleigh

DOORS CLOSE:
Monday, January 7, 2013!!! NOTE THE EXTENDED DEADLINE!!!

BRIEF:
Santa needs a new sleigh. He’s been driving his old jalopy pulled by reindeer. Surely it’s time for Santa to get a new ride, and who better than the Core77 Community to bring the initial concepts to the table for discussion.

JURY:
Discussion forum moderators.

CRITERIA:
Designs will be judged purely on subjective opinion of the judge(s). Minimum entry will be 1 8.5” x 11” page of thumbnail sketches, and 1 8.5” x 11” rendering of the final design. The 1HDC is about your rapid visualization skills in conjunction with a fun topic. Good composition, line weight, and rapid concept development will weigh heavily in the final design.

HOW TO ENTER:
Participants must execute their design in only 1 hour, based on an honor system. Remember, you’re posting to a pile of peers who know what is possible to be done in an hour. To enter, upload your entries to the designated competition forum.

To discuss the challenge and the entries, visit the 1HDC discussion forum.

PRIZE:
Bragging Rights and front page Core77 blog post recognition.
Automatic inclusion on the “Nice List”.

Yawn. Stretch. A wee bit of scratching of the nether regions…

Hi All. It seems as though some of you have missed the 1HDC while I…napped.

We’re going to fire it back up with some thing light. Let’s see what we can do to bring some fun to the boards.

Yes please. And that was quite a nap you took…

Its back! Hope you guys are as psyched as I am! Lets make this a solid come back! Looking forward to seeing everyone’s work. This is going to be fun.

NICE! It is on!

Hey Big Country, nice entry. I like the Rudolf nose integration! :wink: also nice dry marker work with the black marker!

Thanks man. We have to have something to sing about :wink:.

Here’s a pretty incredible Lego interpretation for inspiration… The moving parts are awesome!

Imgur

Pragonetti: Thanks, I was worried I was the only one still using paper!

hot sketch jm745!

Great stuff so far!

Thanks Michael.

That sketch by onehansel is really nice!

Thanks Yo! I did it on my new intuos 5. Still getting the hang of a tablet vs the cintiq I’ve been using.

Looks like you are getting the hang of it to me!

There’s some great entries in the 1HDC - Santa’s Sleigh…but I am thinking that we should extend it through the Holidays. I think there’s going to be some time for doodling over the next week or so.

Consider the 1HDC still open until January 7, 2013!

Nice sketch Matt. I have never tried that silhouette approach to concepting.

I came across this Audi Calamaro Concept (by Tibor)… In direction of this 1HDC. (inspiration)
audi-calamaro-concept-flying-car-img1_eh6xn_5965.jpg

Oh, nice find ADD…VERY cool.

Thanks Jon.