Postby jerry » January 30th, 2009, 2:00 pm

jerry
step four
step four

I'd be interested in hearing some of the things that inspired everyone's submissions.

I thought I'd share some of what shaped my designs of the concepts for New Energy:

This is the windmill used for vector artwork. The realty office is in background.

Billboard for Hammock Bay...I thought they had a great match for the blue in the billboard against the sky. At least this day at this particular time...I also liked the interplay of the greens and the blues with clouds.

A billboard of that size covered with photovoltaic panels could charge 3 neighborhood electric vehicles (NEV's).
"The probability that we may fail in the struggle ought not to deter us from the support of a cause we believe to be just."

- Abraham Lincoln

Re: when is the result wili be announced?

Postby jon_winebrenner » January 30th, 2009, 10:14 pm

jon_winebrenner

seng016 wrote:when is the result wili be announced

As you can imagine with 46 pgs and ppl from four corners of the continent to contend with, coming to a concensus is not instantaneous. We appreciate your patience on this one. We're hoping to announce by mid-next week.

As soon as possible, is the best answer I can give you right now.

You all made it even harder by providing some seriously cool stuff.

Postby mikeserafin » February 1st, 2009, 2:55 pm

mikeserafin
step two
step two

wow 729 submissions it looks like aye?...I think its going to be tough, there were so many good takes on this one.

I'm wondering how much a non-branded approach to this will help/hurt some submissions. I'm also thinking that some of these submissions would be great just as screened-on prints for the bottom of the board or under a single layer of clear grip, considering the application process for grip tape/complexity limit was a tad bit vague in the beginning

Postby jon_winebrenner » February 2nd, 2009, 1:12 am

jon_winebrenner

mikeserafin wrote:wow 729 submissions it looks like aye?...I think its going to be tough, there were so many good takes on this one.

Conscensus, I believe, is going to be tough. That said, we're hoping for a conclusion tomorrow.

well?

Postby ChickenMan » February 3rd, 2009, 2:20 pm

ChickenMan

The suspenders are killin' me!
~chickenMan

Re: well?

Postby jon_winebrenner » February 3rd, 2009, 3:34 pm

jon_winebrenner

ChickenMan wrote:The suspenders are killin' me!

We're going to cut the suspenders soon...I promise.

Postby jon_winebrenner » February 4th, 2009, 12:09 pm

jon_winebrenner

If you haven't seen the post on the main page (here) the winners for this month's 1HDC have been announced:

The results are in! The latest 1 Hour Design Challenge: Laser-cut Grip Tape Inlay for a Longboard brought the largest number of entries in the history of the 1HDC, with participants uploading an incredible array of grip tape graphic designs.

Huge thanks to our sponsors on this challenge: Ponoko and Bustin Boards, who have been extremely generous with their offerings. It was a really tough call for the judges, but here are the winners:

"Day of the Dead" designed by delaojoser

"Freedom" designed by leebaz

"Muse 2" designed by b_fuzz

The judges also decided to award a special "King of the 'boards" award to...jerry! who uploaded over 60 designs to this 1HDC. Bustin has generously offered to custom print jerry's "Alligator Clip" design on one of their boards!

Congratulations to the winners, and thanks to everyone who participated!

Postby epic » February 4th, 2009, 11:20 pm

epic
step four
step four

Is this jerry the <edit> who cried over not winning the sick ass car rendering?

Previous

Return to one hour design challenges

©2014 Core77, Inc. All rights reserved
about | contact us | advertise | mailing list