1HDC v1.0 - Winner!!!

Back at ya, Doze

If I would of had the chance to vote, which I didn’t because I had to head home with my wife because her grandmother died last Tuesday and the funeral played out into the weekend, I would have voted for melovescookies as well. I liked the idea even though I noticed in the very beginning it wasn’t stackable. It was the most practical concept in my opinion. The sketching was excellent. So that would have made 5 votes for melovescookies. I didn’t have time to find a computer while I was home either. I was busy with family.

ip lock it down. This bickering will never end till everyone gets a Wii.

I’m with Brett_nyc on this one.

It would ensure that everyone is at an equal playing field.

1. Announce topic
  2. Time Starts
  3. Submit concept within hour.
  4. Time stops
  5. Voting begins
  6. Visually see who is winning.
  7. Voting closes in 48 hours.
  8. Winner Declared

As for this discussion…

Wow. That’s all I can say is wow.

It’s a friggin’ Wii. They’re fun for a month and at the occasional party. We have had a Wii at our work for 8 months and nobody has played it for the last five or six. I would like to try the dancing game though. Bust some moves.

Either way it isn’t worth sounding like an ass and investigating. WTF?

You should be happy that this comp seems to get better each time and try and win the next one.

I was out of town and I vote for the watering can. Simple solution.

Does that put her legally over the edge?

b

well there you have it, this guy would have voted so discussion over.

maybe blind submission or voting is the answer, like stated before. It may make a cleaner presentation of ideas. I liked the voting bar at the top of the thread for the first contest.

i dont think any of this discussion was about a wii, who cares about that. Noone seems to be complaining about a video game.

I don’t know. I like the fact that we had over 14 countries participate…locking the hour to N/A time zones limits that participation. Its an honor system and I tend to think that as designers…we can call bullshit on a design.

Does that mean they didn’t do a week’s worth of sketches? I have no way to prove it. And like you said…its for fun (and in this case a Wii).

I don’t know. I like the fact that we had over 14 countries participate. Its an honor system and I tend to think that as designers…we can call bullshit on a design.

Does that mean they didn’t do a week’s worth of sketches? I have no way to prove it. And like you said…its for fun (and in this case a Wii).

Ya, that’s a tough one. Perhaps it should be the 72 hour design challenge. Ensuring that at least you get 24 hours. Either way it should be about having fun, building the community, sharping your design skills, practicing your arguing and investigation skills…

[/quote]

c’mon…stop kicking the horse. Its dead.

You do make things around here interesting, that’s for sure.

Tell you what…send me your address and I’ll bill you for my time.

You’re like friggin Punxsutawney Phil. You pop your ass up and we know we’re in for 6 more pages of mudslinging.

This is some cloak and dagger nonsense…though I do like the idea of billing Deez for our time reading/posting/following all of this.

Congrats to melovescookies on a job well done…both on your winning entry and your defense of it. Well played.

You do make things around here interesting, that’s for sure.

Second it.

Meeting adjourned.

Deez: As a Wisconsinite, you personally offend me by suggesting that such dirty deeds could be organized at such a great institution as Brooks Stevens.

BTW, for full disclosure, I pressured my friends and co-workers to vote for me and I didn’t get a single darn vote. Actually, they didn’t even vote at all. So much for friends!

Don’t poke the animals!

Congrats on the win melovescookies!

I think cow put it best:

While there will always be sour grapes from others, and miscellaneous comments from people who really don’t care, it doesn’t take away from the entry and shouldn’t take away from the win. I recommend getting “Rayman and the Raging Rabbits” for your Wii.

I was also happy to see the variety of entrants, there was a lot of great work. We are all glad to see this do well and hope you all will participate the next one.

HELYEAH!

Congrats cookie. I thought the pebble idea was cool also, especially the story that went along with it, that helps sell ideas.
I like the idea of showing the finalists, like the top 3 or something so that even if you don’t win you can see if you were close.

I wanted to do this…unfortunately life got in the way and time was not on my side.

I think it should be underscored that IP organized this thing all on his own time, got c77 to donate a Wii, got the posts on the front page, even came up with the idea of a 1 hour design challenge and pitched it to the c77 team… this is a volunteer gig. Thanks for putting time and effort in for everybody IP! A huge effort!

Thanks, Yo. I am excited people are enjoying the concept.

I am going to close out this thread with a quick note to clarify things.

1. Congrats to melovescookies. She did some great work. As did everyone. I wish I could give away more than one Wii.

2. I am not sure it was ever stated explicitly that it is known by me, and Core77 that there was no identity fraud on melovescookies part. None. Zip. Zero. Zilch. On behalf of Core77, I apologize for letting this thread get out of control.

3. That said, I take issues like identity theft seriously, which is why I let this thread run, even with the aggressive/abusive tone. In the future, I would like to request that if you suspect something malicious like identity fraud in the voting process let me know through Private Messaging first (innocent until guilty, remember). As I did with this, I will work as quickly as possible to clarify if there was any malicious intent.

4. I want to do everything I can to encourage a positive, easy, and fun little diversion. I hope this thread didn’t hurt anyones desire to continue with future 1HDCs

Thanks, and we’ll see you in a couple weeks for v1.1