CHINA DESIGN PROJECT with workshops in Taipei and Guangzhou

The bigger question is, why even dig this old thread up?

Wait, I just realized that no one really got the point of this thread. So I took some time going through the projects in the website. While I wasn’t very impressed by most of the “products”, I was rather intrigued by the movies. I think for the students, the purpose of the program isn’t really about coming out with “solutions”, but rather just open their eyes to new cultures and new thinking, and express their reactions through whatever ways appropriate. Of all the projects, I feel that the movies are the most effective.

Still think this is a very good initiative. Not many schools in the world would host such programs. I am sure the students have benefited much more than just another piece of work in their portfolios, but a new perspective that will influence their approach to future opportunities.

I am also glad that they weren’t just shipped to a single location and call it “Chinese experience”, but multiple locations for a more balanced experience. Good job! I wish I had that kind of opportunity when I was in school.