your thoughts about pakistani designs and designers

Fourteen years ago, in Lahore having identified ID as my sole passion I set out to become one. Only to find out that National College of Arts had some sort of a product design course and that Art Centre in Pasadena was not ready to take me in. While I moved ahead on a different tangent, it is extremely pleasing to know that ID has after all arrived. Two things come to my mind.

First: from what I know of industry in Pakistan, on one hand Pakistanis tend to develop original ideas and do not follow simple reverse engineering (a la China) and on the other there have been few qualified IDs…paradox!

Second: My impression about Premium institutions in Pakistan, NCA specifically, is that of an incubator for overated individuals. The contrast was quite visible during my visit to Art Centre in Pasadena, where one could see an atmosphere of disciplined learning and hard work, and not of pseudo-creative individuals in funny outfits.

i_d_ziner ! Where did the faculty get their training? and is there a web site where you have displayed your portfolio? perhaps a college site?