I am in Asia

Oops, forgot to post early.

Leaving today. One Night in Hong Kong. Two nights in Shenzhen. One night in Guangzhou and then five nights in Beijing.

Off to catch my plane :slight_smile:

That reminds me…

Oct 5 - Oct 22 in Shenzhen (with a week’s vacation in the middle to travel Tibet - anyone in Lhasa then?).

@Designbreathing
Amazing! I’m good friends with quite a few of the students from the SNUT industrial design department. Met them through the Seoul design festival in 2010 and started studying transport design through their study group “Clotho”. They helped spark my interest in automotive design! I added you on Linkedin, hope to talk to you more soon.

@motorcycledog
I’m interested in some of the programs Hongik are offering. Anyway to contact you for some inside info?

Cool to see that foreign designers are doing well in Korea. I’m in New Zealand at the moment, hope to be back in “sparkling Seoul” by December.^^

Hi Guys,

I’ll be in Asia travelling and researching opportunites for the next 10 months or so. Looking to network and meet like minded creative ID’ers.

Australia: February-May
China: May-August

If you’r a designer based out there and wouldn’t mind showing a UK product designer what’s what let me know. I’m flexable with travel and dates.

Back in Australia now - hunting for a job! Missed out on ID connections in seoul unfortunately.

Anyone in china? Dongguan?

I just took off from Seoul :slight_smile:

HK

Good day designers,

Ive been following Core77 for many years and shame on me for procrastinating to join you all here.

Just a brief intro of myself, my name is Ming and from Malaysia. Currently working as a Senior Industrial Designer with a Design & Engineering Solution Provider in Malaysia.

I frequent travel to China to expedite design discussions with suppliers, managing them, sourcing and visiting expo to broaden up the design & manufacturing horizon to the next level.

Most of the time, I’ll be in Dongguan City, GuangDong Province. About 2 hours north of Shenzhen and 2 hours south of Guangzhou.

Looking forward to exchange some pretty interesting experience !.

Cheers

Ming

Seems like a forgotten thread, but I’ll add me in. Going for my first trip and I’ll probably be too busy to get together, but you never know!

Plan: Arriving in HK 9 Aug. Taking the ferry to Zhongshan in the morning of the 24th. Going to my company’s offices in Jiangmen and a factory (not sure which) along the way. In the first week, I’ll be in Jiangmen, Zhongshan, Shenzhen and Dongguan. The second week I’ll probably head to Chaozhou and Shanghai. After all that, I’ll fly back out from HK on the 23rd.

What type of design do you do and when exactly will you be in Shanghai?

I live here in SH and always up for meeting other designers…

Housewares, furniture, lighting products. I’ll message you when I have a phone # and an exact date.

Cheers!

Hey, I’m in Shanghai until Sunday waiting for a T1 sample to get molded. Anything happening in town?

I’ve already seen the tourista sites… Staying in far Pudong @ the HoJos.

I am newbie, i am a graphic designer from Vietnam. Now i am in Pudong, Shanghai. I hope to take part in

Just got back from Shanghai. Was barely there long enough to visit the factory… Beautiful city though.

I am in Hangzhou staying on West Lake until March 20 - Anyone around or have suggestions on anything to do on Sunday?

Got the weekend free in Taipei, then in Taichung the whole week (staying at One). Travelling alone, company welcome :slight_smile:

In Yangjiang / Ninghai / Dongguan 3/27 - 4/14 if anyone is up for a cold Tsing Tao…

This week I will be speaking at the Redesign Design Conference in Wuxi, China. It is part of the 2013 Wuxi ID Expo. I have been to 3 previous Expos. Great place to see my friends in China, some from Europe and even many of my US friends. http://www.sodcn.com/detail.asp?n_id=1428

i’ve been living in zhongshan for a couple of years now, still another half a year/year i will be around here.