A decent standard of living

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can help answer the following:

1. How much, as a single guy, would you need to earn to have a decent standard of living in Hong Kong?

2. How much, as a single guy, would you need to earn to have a decent standard of living in Dongguan (city)?

Many thanks

I’m living in guangzhou (which is a neighbercity of dongguan). And I’m earning 2500 RMB/month. It’s OK but a little bit tight. If you would spend 5000~6000 RMB/month here, your life will be full of sunshine.

For Hongkong, 2500 will be a meaningless number, it means you’d better quit your job then to be a begger.

Do you wanna have a living here?

2,500 RMB = US$367 per month.

I’m guessing that renfee is not a Westerner.

If you want to work and live in HK, as a single guy, HKD 15000 will be the min. i think.

Because rent an apartment in HK cost ard 6000-8000 already plus food and entertainments, HKD15000 is the min. charge.

if you want to rent a better apartment it cost much higher then that, depends size and location…

China is totally different story… sorry, i hv no idea…

Last time I was in HK, I spent USD$10 or more for every cocktail I consumed. That place is a friggin money bomb. Won’t go again unless someone else is paying!

Hong Kong is definitely not cheap. I agree that HKD15000. Dong Guan should be cheaper though…