Opportunities for Design Placements in India

Hi Everyone,

I am in my Second year at Northumbria University studying 3D Design ( Furniture and Product) and I am off to explore the wonders of India this summer for a couple of months.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any design hot spots or possible work placement opportunities. or just some general tips about visiting this amazing country.

Thanks, Tom.

hi tom,

http://www.designinindia.net/ this link might help you in your search…

cheers

hey tom,

how did you go in india? im considering going to india for n onternship early next year. any feedback, suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks mate!

john

hi tom

I would suggest you first shortlist the design firms your interested in from the comprehensive list on www.designinindia.net.

Depending on the area you will be touring get intouch personally with the D firms sending in your portfolio,cvs Etc and expressing your desire to work on ongoing projects. Most of the firms are keen on interns if you dont expect a a very high stipend in $ ! Design Internship in industry in a design consultancy firm usually lasts from 2 months to 6 months period. Architectural design houses also offer furniture design prospects in India.

In addition Design schools like NID,ahmedabad and school of design offering 2 year M.DES at the 4 IIT’s offer design courses with specialization in Product design and visual communication .These places also are open to overseas students for learning opportunities and projects.

moreover you can yourself team up with some design students tour the country and build india inspired furniture with local artisians.( labour is cheap and workmanship is amazing )

Hope this helps.
For more queries feel free to PM me.