New Office, New Service ( sourcing agent )

Scott, thank you very much for your response and the insight of how your consultancy works and manages its clients during such services.
May I ask, did you have a case where your client in a second project, went directly to the manufacturer you had introduced during your 1st project? Of course everything is legal but in a sense you have give out an information (that most likely you charge enough during the 1st project) but how did you handle such an incident?
Then, i guess you ask various vendors for quotation for the same project. You charge your client based on your time to search, ask for quotations or per quotations you deliver to your client? Because i can imagine that a consultancy may spend time to find vendors, send to them an rfq but the vendors may not be interested for the project (small moq for example) and do not provide a quotation. In this case, will the client be willing to pay? I assume that the client has to be informed that there is this possibility but still has to pay?
Thanks