Close

Where do you guys get your business cards?

Postby DanOrbach » March 13th, 2012, 10:12 pm

DanOrbach
step three
step three

I'm looking to get a run of a couple hundred printed, and I found the most popular sites are vistaprint/moo, but I'd rather do something that has a more unique look/feel to it. Maybe with raised ink, or printed on linen paper. Something subtle, but a little bit more than just a flat card. Does anyone have an recommendations of good places to find something like this? thanks!

rkuchinsky

Find a good local printer. Online stuff is all stock garbage.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

DanOrbach
step three
step three

s'what I figured, but I just wanted to check. I think I'll be able to find something good once I get back to Cincinnati, there's a rich printing history there and plenty of local shops.

warrenginn

I use vistaprint because they're one of the only online business card printers with decent stock weight. I upload my own design and can have them made in small batches at a decent price.

w
Warren Ginn, FIDSA
GinnDesign, LLC
http://www.ginndesign.com

Assistant Professor of the Practice, Industrial Design
NC State University
http://design.ncsu.edu/people/warren-ginn-fidsa

Re: Where do you guys get your business cards?

Postby Lmo » March 14th, 2012, 1:31 am

Lmo

I use vistaprint because they're one of the only online business card printers with decent stock weight. I upload my own design and can have them made in small batches at a decent price.

dit-oh
Lew Morris
"It's what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

New to the boards? Please read before you post ->Discussion Boards Posting Standards

Postby mo-i » March 14th, 2012, 4:46 am

mo-i
full self-realization
full self-realization

We use a local printer, that the company has dealt with at least
30 years. It might cost a few bucks more, but the service is worth
it.

mo-i
I am not young enough to know everything.
Oscar Wilde

Postby NURB » March 14th, 2012, 8:28 am

NURB

Go local, or go with Moo.com

I was very skeptical they would turn out like crap, but they are very very nice quality. You can chose from templates or design your own. And upload the images.
Chris Haar

twitter:@chrishaar

Those who define design as knowing how to use Illustrator will be condemned to using Illustrator their entire career. - @monteiro

menappi
step two
step two

rkuchinsky wrote:Find a good local printer. Online stuff is all stock garbage.

R

Not even. It all depends on how fancy you want to get. For a basic business card, don't touch Vistaprints. Go with either Printplace or 48 hour print. I can personally vouche for them as they have the best VALUE and the quality is good and the stock is thick and durable. Depending on your quantity though you may get them digitally printed so if you can up the amount then you will get a better quality offset printed version.

For something a little nicer, try UVcards.com. I got my last cards from them and they were very nice and I only paid $80 for 500 and they were silk laminated (way nicer than a 'matte/satin finish') with spot UV (basically my card was a matte black with glossy black logo on one side). They even have foil stamping so I would definitely recommend them for nicer card.

Mikey_Uchiha

You can always look online for a local printer and before you print anything keep in mind that the design of your card is going to talk for you in some cases. So be very careful in the way you do it and try to be very clear on what you want to display and do with it.
HOPE THIS HELPS!!!! :)

ralphzoontjens
step four
step four

I am looking to print a small batch of cards with raised text on transparent or translucent plastic, preferably PET.
If anyone has recommendations let me know!
http://www.designsoul.nl
Designsoul - Product Design & Visualisation

Postby AVClub » September 18th, 2017, 7:27 am

AVClub
step two
step two

I received a sample pack from Moo and I know alot of people who have ordered from there, the quality was really good and there were alot of options to choose from (including designing your own and being able to choose weight, paper, etc.)

Return to business practices