fast co

is awesome.

i agree, but could you elaborate?

Love the way it has evolved and deals with both design thinking as well as profiles of really well designed objects as a business priority. I am indending to do something with/for the magazine re the intersection of Business and Design. Any thoughts? Of the recent topics from this forum which should be the first focus?

M

Well this is an interesting topic that didn’t evolve. I bet we could use the help from business and marketing people. Maybe the problem is a lack of dialog…

There was an article related to this subject a few months back. I think that the main problem is that design managers don’t see the value for this. It is seen as a waste of time. Measuring “RODI” as a historical record, does not give you the tools to predict if the option A or B will sell better in 2 years from now. Measuring the past to predict the future market behavior in a context of constant change and innovation will not work.

I know that, as designers, would be really nice to measure RODI beforehand. I also know that being able to measure something is better than nothing, but we have to come up with something new, not based on historical data.

Previous thread: Creating a US Design Index to measure ROI