Trakemarking or Copyright!

First and fore most Happy New Year to the Core family that i once kept an ear and eye on… Its been about 2yrs since ive been on here, been trying to get my stuff together for my own biz…

I apologize to the board if this topic has already been posted but theres so many it was hard to look thru all…

I am in the process of starting my own design team, not firm, team… Its a group of us (4) and we are trying to gather up all of our papers and procedures needed to put our work out there… Our name is unique, has a different spelling and should open some eyes most definately aside from the work… My questions to the board is what did you guys do or what do you suggest is the best method to securing our name… Should we wait on putting good work out (i know the question sounds silly but im not scared to ask silly questions) or should we just do work and the name would carry itself. Do you Trademark or Copyright first? These are simple questions that I just want a heads up or another opinion on. Thanks to anybody who leaves a comment…

http://www.legalzoom.com/law_library/trademarks/faq-faq-faq_tm_versus_cpy.html