"Analog" and / or Educational Toy Consultancies...

Hello,

Almost without noticing it, most of my projects over the past four years have been geared towards toddlers and young children (I have two of my own, go figure), but I am not a big fan of metallized electronic dogs that roll over and eat batteries like candy. Are there consulting firms that specialize in educational or non-electronic toy design? Is this something that a sub-department in the big toy firms might focus on? I am completely ignorant about this market but fascinated by the thought of designing sweet wooden or child-powered toys that no one will buy (that last part is a joke…I hope). Thank you for your responses…

mothy

I don’t know of any firms that specialize in that area, although it may be a part of some people’s businesses. I think mostly independent toy firms tend to focus on really large market segments because it’s more profitable.

To my knowledge, there are almost no design firms specializing in toys exclusively without actually being an inventor group. Most IDers that aren’t inventors in the toy industry are usually independent and work directly with the companies themselves…

DELETED