Well Designed Toys

That Enzo Mari puzzle is brilliant, thanks for sharing.

I think different toys definitely suit different children with different character dispositions. I was always a Lego kid, but some of my friends liked Playmobil more and other played mostly with action figures. So it’s hard to generalize and say what the best toy is.
I also always liked animals and loved Lego’s Fabuland products. They were only produced for 2 years though so must have not been very popular. It’s maybe a bit happy and gay, but I liked it - hey I even had the barbie car. I wonder if Fabuland has ever even been sold in the US.
3668-1.jpg
I also loved the Jurassic Park toys when they came out, yes it has a touch of consumeristic crap, but it was well done for what it was - well colored, the material felt nice, and you could take a chunk of meat out of the herbivores.

Recently I’ve been liking brands like Brio and Tegu, but I wonder how appealing they actually are to children themselves. Some toys have a more reserved style to them which may appeal to adults as they seem to stimulate more of the intellect rather than pure basic emotion and instinct, but I think for little children a lot of stimulation can also be a good thing. Then comes a time where they use more of their own imagination, and later they’ll use the intellect more.
6a00d8341c6ce353ef0112793a9df228a4-800wi.jpg