New Toy Design, Halloween Nativity!

Hi!

I’m brand new to the forums, but I have just finished designing what we’re calling “The First Halloween” which is a fun whimsical Halloween nativity set we’re currently raising funds for over on Kickstarter. Feel free to check out our video on and pledge if you love it as much as we do, and share it along!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/134995775/the-first-halloween-nativity-set

Thanks for looking, I’d love to hear any feedback!
Tim

Fun. Nice stuff.

Hey thanks, I’m glad you like it! Feel free to share it around if you can. we only have another 22 days to raise funds for molds and castings, and I would love to be able actually share a finished product with everyone!

Tim

Since this is a a design forum rather than an investor forum it would be great to see a little of your process, sketches, prototypes, hand molds etc.

Absolutely! This project started years ago on a whim while talking about our favorite zombie films. At first we thought it was just another one of our crazy ideas that made us laugh, but wasn’t right to bring out to the public. We drew up “designs” on an envelope of what characters we wanted to use and there it sat for a few months. The idea just kept getting brought back up in conversation enough that we decided we should see what it looked like. So we had artist Patrick Spens (http://patrickspens.blogspot.com/) draw up some 2D characters for us, which came out better than we could have imagined!

So this last summer we decided to just take the idea and run with it ourselves. We contracted a designer to come up with our 3D models, and he did an incredible job bringing out 2D drawings to life.

Then we used a place called Shapeways to print our prototypes, since they gave discounts on larger pieces, and the mausoleum was fairly expensive.

We were able to get our very first prototypes ourselves since the cost of printing prototypes has gone down so much, and they turned out beautifully! So with a little hard work and elbow grease (and a lot of help from someone who knows what she’s doing, thanks Sally!) we got all of these characters painted.

I hope that gives a little more insight of how our process has gone so far!

Thanks!
Tim