Hasbro and Transformers

I’ve seen that Takara Optimus Prime in person… it is SWEET. Nice and heavy with metal parts. And it’s huge.

That new Bumblebee figure looks sick. Is that a Wal-Mart exclusive, or are they selling that anywhere?

Any thoughts on the movie? I was kind of let down a bit… no song, but I’m looking forward to checking out the toys… it boggle my mind how all of that crazy mech language is going to boil down into a Camaro… he looks a lot different from the movie shot above though, check out the torso.

This is all I know on the Wal-Mart toy.

As far as the Movie goes, I thought it was awesome! Great action, some funny jokes, cool cars and a simple story.

I think that’s the consensus from all the reviews and posts. Some people have complained because they hate Michael Bay, but I think he did a great job.

The robot design is awesome and the animation is perfect. It blows away the cheesy original designs. The details are amazing. Here’s a close up of Bumblebee:

Here’s a helmet they are offering at Target. It’s supposed to be a kids light. I got one and will repaint it to make it look more realistic:

-J->

I thought the movie was amazing, funny, lots of action, a little bit of heart, and tons of stuff getting destroyed.

The CGI is truly incredible, I can’t even begin to comprehend the complexities of the animation systems. They had an article on it in Pop Science (google it for the link) and each robot was made up of over 10,000 unique and animated pieces.

Can you post the direct link? I can’t find it.

thanks

JESTER

Ah, It was popular mechanics rather…

Direct link

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4218826.html?series=6

so good.

I just saw this on Gizmodo - a Soundwave MP3 player. Too cool. The downside is you don’t have those transforming micro cassettes, which were one of my favorite features of that toy…

You can buy a full size transformer online!!

These were $19.99 a while ago.

-J->

The transforming cassettes where the whole thing, Rampage.

In appreciation of Soundwave:

Ahahaha. “Get off the couch ravage”

Classic nerd humor.

I’ve gotta go, that’s Megatron on the other line.

I just went to TRU yesterday and saw the new Transformers line. As previously stated on this thread, it was a HUGE disappointment. What really struck me was that half of the product line was non-transforming Transformers toys. There are all kinds of statuette type things - looks like Hasbro just went a little too SKU crazy. There were actually disclaimers on several of the packages that had to state “non-converting toy” or something. Just to state the obvious, that goes against the whole point of Transformers!

BTW, thanks for the YouTube link, Yo. That seriously made my week.

This site is running slow for me but this guy (Ben Procter) worked on the movie and has awesome hi-res images and animated renders etc.

There are 99 image pages and 15 main pages. Awesome concept sketches and stuff.

http://www.benprocter.com/SITEv2/HTML/PROJPAGE_Trans_01.html

-J->

J6Studios: Where did you get that hirez image of the Bumblebee character? That’s absolutly hot. Maybe that is the ben proctor site. It’s down at the moment.

I got them from a friend. They are 12megs each.

JESTER

I just saw this post on a new Transformers show, plus the new toys for it. In my opinion it looks way cool, but it’s definitely not for purists!:

Some of these toys are just stunning - the proportions & detailing of some of the figures are just beautiful. Here are just a few:

Follow the link for the rest of the info and tons more pics:
http://toysrevil.blogspot.com/2007/08/guide-to-knowing-your-transformers.htm

awesome.

Yo, that video “The Touch” is hilarious.

“Thats Megatron on the other line”

I love it.