Vynil and plush help

Hi all,

A while ago I drew a character that I have been wanting to manufacture either in plastic (vynil) or plush, but for whatever reason I haven’t been able to, in fact, mostly because I don’t know where to start.

Could you please give some pointers on the process that I should follow in order to accomplish this? Has anyone done this before? Who are the suppliers and manufacturers?

Thanks!!

If you are serious I can help you a little bit on your way if you wish…

I’m in the toybusiness myself (plush and wood).

Hi rogierius,

Thanks for your answer. If I was to manufacture a plush character what would the steps be? In other words, what would the manufacturer need in order to produce it?

I guess that a prototype must be made fist… and in order to do this, you need what? Dimensions, fabric types???

Srry to find your reply only now…

If you were to manufacture a plush character the first and best step would be to arrange for a perfect prototype. You either must be a skilled plush maker yourself to do that or know someone who might help you out…

If you can not deliver a prototype to the manufacturer, a technical document with views and dimensions from all sides PLUS a perspective view could work, as long as you are able to find a manufacturer who is capable of creating a plush character from such documents.
I can tell you, it is a pain in the butt to find such a manufacturer. We have seen loads and loads of horrible and awful prototypes before we found the one company that could deliver what we asked.

And besides all this, you need cash to get the plush where you want them. Transportation is fairly expensive, especially with low quantities. The lower the quantity, the less likely a manufacturer will want to produce for you (for the right price).

I could go on, but for now I hope it is enough. Good luck, and if you need more help or insights, just post here and I will respond sooner or later.