Apps + Toys = AppToys

I’ve started a fun new project combining pixels and plastic with a new apptoy called the Creature Case. The Creature Case morphs from an iPhone/iPod touch case into a toy with 9 attachable limbs and an animated face creation app. We’ve decided to launch it on Kickstarter to see how people respond to this new genre.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2083018993/creature-case-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch?ref=recently_launched

Thanks!

It looks funny but well it’s supposed nothing useful except for a cool and childish look

The 21st century mr. Potato head! - ?

I like the overall design aesthetic, it’s a friendly mix of organic and mechanical elements. Maybe the attachments could be more convincing and fun. Most of all I think the app as described is a bit limiting. This will probably make or break the entire concept. You should probably develop some concepts for what else the app could do with some more intelligence behind it. Recognize your face? Recognize emotions and reflect them? Interact with other creatures when you put them together? etc.

I would consider buying something like that if it were also useful for something for me, because I like the fun aspect and the design. But as a phone case it’s not right for me.

First post and it is just a redirect to a kickstarted with no images or process posted directly onto the board? You can do better than that can’t you?

I give up… … . .

Nice overall design, I love it … usefull mechanical elements and attachments. Nice colors and design … However, I’m not sure about the app … but I guess it can be improved or it might be more appealing for younger customers … I agree with (ralphzoontjens) … you should probably develop some concepts for what else the app could do

I would consider buying something like that if it is available.

I don’t really think I would ever need it, but good luck :slight_smile:

Wow! Amazing thing. You did a great work mate. Keep up the great work

I think that’s a pretty cool thing.

I like this visuals, they’re done cool :smiley: