Employment ads that want it all..

idainc has brought up a great point about the “hiring fancy” of firms looking for over-abundant-ID-resources and all you’ve done in your three or four posts to him and me is to try to piss all over it. Maybe insulting him isn’t the best way to make your point.

As for my comment about our capitalistic society and economy, it’s spot-on…in mass production it has minimized the value of not only the objects in front of us but the entire process and resources (yes, even human) used to make those objects. While it has its obvious pros it certainly has its obvious cons as well, whether you want to admit it or not. And we could go further too, discussing the impacts of how our economic engine is influenced by our political system and how those influencers started the decline of our labor force beginning the slow push away from artisanship toward “get 'er done” about 45 years ago. It is that degradation of the expert details that you’re mocking, although I don’t think you know that.

And while you should be proud of how versatile you’ve become as a designer (in the past, I too have performed that laundry list of tasks you mentioned) I doubt you’d argue that you or I are probably not the fastest or most efficient capital planning or purchasing resources and so insisting or being asked to perform those tasks might help you earn your keep, it’s not the best way to accomplish that task - and that was idainc’s point - yep, the evils of capitalism.