Close

Re: Contacted by Linkedin Recruiter

Postby idainc » November 1st, 2017, 3:42 am

idainc
step one
step one

Another measure of legitimacy is to check to see of they've even been to your web site. If you have your own domain you can check in cPanel and see the date, time and GPS coordinates of who's been to your site. Make sure your site is a valid link in your Linkedin profile.

Its not worth your time on the phone with them if they havent seen your work. The overwhelming majority of in house and third party recruiters dont even look at your work which in a vusual field would seem to be a top priority.

Postby iab » November 1st, 2017, 7:53 am

iab
full self-realization
full self-realization

idainc wrote: "Tell me why some products never make it to production ?"

I find this to be an excellent question. I'm in the camp of when developing a product, you should find the quickest way to kill it whereas most companies look for reasons to keep developing it. Zombie projects are a waste of resources.

idainc wrote: The overwhelming majority of in house and third party recruiters dont even look at your work which in a vusual field would seem to be a top priority.

Again, I don't understand the problem here. If my recruiter started evaluating portfolios, I'd look for a new recruiter. Evaluating portfolios is entirely the responsibility of the hiring manager. The recruiter screens, nothing more. They only need to give me a link to the portfolio.

Postby iab » November 1st, 2017, 7:58 am

iab
full self-realization
full self-realization

yo wrote:In my experience there are less than a handful of recruiters that get most of the good design leadership positions and senior roles.

I don't know about a handful, but there are recruiters who are not very good and others that are. I interview recruiters like I interview hires. That is why when I get the random message from linkedin or wherever, I always respond because you don't know where you will find that next nugget.

Previous

Return to design employment