Close

jgabry
step two
step two

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/ ... TFOLIO.pdf

This is 15 years, wrapped up into 50 pages.
Probably not showing enough process here.
Some sketches and illustrator work in the Product section.
Lots of final work/photos.

I'm trying to cover a lot.
Product, Graphic, and Experiential Design.

I appreciate any questions, comments, or critiques.

ralphzoontjens
full self-realization
full self-realization

https://www.designsoul.nl/downloads/Designsoul_Portfolio-2017.pdf

This is my portfolio with about 6 years of experience in product design.
My advice is to first be able to tell a good story and attune it to the party that you are in conversation with.
Then you need good supporting visual / tangible material. Show process but only when it supports the story of the project, what is more important that it becomes clear through your work what your vision and goals are as a designer.

I am still looking to improve my portfolio for next year, I will use a more distinctive layout with more pages and less and larger photographs.
http://www.designsoul.nl
Designsoul - Product Design & Visualisation

rkuchinsky

Variant wrote:It's a happier place for me.

Ya, you sound super happy.

R
The Directive Collective
http://www.directivecollective.com

Cyberdemon
full self-realization
full self-realization

Variant wrote:
rkuchinsky wrote:
Variant wrote:It's a happier place for me.

Ya, you sound super happy.

R

I am. A bit tired of being fucking broke, granted, but glad to be far, far away from the thankless position of being a "creative". It's disposable trash to anyone up the food chain at most companies, and I'll have no part of it these days.

If only our country allowed you to start your own company based on your own rules and principles, free from the judgement of others ... :roll:

Re: 10 years out...What does your portfolio look like?

Postby iab » September 27th, 2017, 1:31 pm

iab
full self-realization
full self-realization

Variant wrote: I strictly market myself as a product development coordinator / manager these days.

How's that working out for you?

Variant wrote:tired of being fucking broke

Glad to hear it.

yo
Administration
Administration

Variant, I have to say you just don't present yourself well here. I think it would be difficult for any of us to recommend you for a project management/development role because I would want to work with someone who is so salty. From what I'm reading here I get the sense that you are really hurting. I wish I could convince you to not lash out here and try to build bridges. There are a number of folks here who could use PMs on project or full time basis. This entire forum is like a giant job interview. I know a lot of folks that have gotten jobs here and I've actively recruited a few posters on both full time and contract basis. Please, before you reply, consider turning over a new leaf and try to take advantage of what the forum can do instead of just venting. Think about it.

AndyMc
step four
step four

Variant wrote:3. No one says you have to like my opinion. 8) Everyone's got a different one. We all probably have different favorite colors here. When it comes to portfolios (the topic here), I think the way that they're expected to be presented, and how they're systematically judged is bullshit. By the extension of my first comment above, I think the whole thing has become way too codified, and style in industrial design has been murdered by turning the one area art can find it's way into a product having been diluted to expectation and a bland (yet beautifully rendered :roll:) monolith of samey-same, throwaway products.

Can you please re-read this and see the hypocracy of your words? You’ve answered your own problem time after time. I get that you want to be arty and have your own style, but if you present yourself with the same punk-rock I’m the best everyone sucks but me attitude everywhere else like you do on here, then it isn’t the folio or industry that is the problem. You wouldn’t get a job in any industry anywhere with that attitude. Take a step back, stop lashing out and have a think about why you don’t get hits, rather than blaming everything except yourself.

Views

iab
full self-realization
full self-realization

Variant wrote: The system of finding work in America is broke.

What complete and utter crap. If you have something of value, I'll buy it. If you don't, fuck off. It is really quite that simple.

You are obsolete, get over it and change. Saying murca should want your buggy whip over and over won't make it so.

cwatkinson

Everyone;

Lets try and keep all postings civil, lowering ourselves to a form of articulation that is demeaning and belittling has no value creation. several of these posts in different topic groups are starting to resemble what core was in the late 90's when it began, which at times was uncivil and belligerent.

William009

also and in the midst of redoing my portfolio which has not been touched in a few years which means its way out of date.

Previous

Return to design employment