Tell me how to improve my chances of getting a job?

I disagree with everyone here… Although everyone makes good points, I don’t think those are the main issues of your portfolio.

I think you are clearly focused on shoe design. If you are not, wow that is unexpected.
I do not love your work, but then again I’m not a shoe person, but besides that, I don’t love it because I don’t get any of your projects… Reasons below.

Looking at your cargo collective site, I think there are some core problems with your portfolio.
Personally, if I was the one reviewing your portfolio, I don’t think you would even proceed to the phone call stage :frowning:

I am purposely being very critical because I assume after a year of job searching you are frustrated and want to get some honest feedback:

1. No process, in addition to what @Sain mentioned: I have no idea what any of these projects are about. I have no idea how you think or approach and identify a problem, no critical thinking is shown in any of these projects, there is no personality. I get zero feeling on who is Evan Hoffman and why should I care? If I wanted to see images of shoes, I could just google search “shoes.”
  2. No role or responsibility: It’s not clear what your role was in the project… Reebok, were you a photographer? Quagga, were you a photographer? Rain walker, were you a photographer and maybe you did that ad? etc…
  3. Easy shop system: Even if this was an old project, I would highly recommend you update the ui to match more current styling… the project feels outdate and makes you look out of touch. Not a fan of the faded market image. I think its distracting. First hero shot of your project is a out of focus grocery aisle photo… Get rid of it, it’s not helping in many ways. I’m assuming you were trying to set up the environment for your project, if so at least choose a more professional looking photo. I don’t even know what this project is about, where’s the project title and project statement??? After the out of focus photo is “what are the consumers following…” HUH?! What are we even talking about here? So confused.
  4. Sketches: I would remove this page entirely… It’s not helping you showcase your sketching skills. Most of your projects are shoe related, so I would showcase your sketching skills WITHIN each project. Also your sketches project only has right-facing shoes. This only shows me that you can only draw shoes in one direction and from only one angle.

[updated]

1. I took a look at your resume. My gooodness what is up with all caps?
  2. Also how you made the first letter of certain words larger is extremely distracting.
  3. Your resume should be easy on the eyes, readable, and a representation of your experience and skills. The way you design your resume is also a representation of you and your skills. I am NOT telling you to make it all pretty with illustrations with charts and graph as you see some designers doing lately. What I am telling you is that your current resume design is NOT helping you in a positive way, so you need to fix it. First thing you can do is make your paragraphs/body text not all caps.

Message me directly if you want a full analysis of my impressions.